Windows 10: Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation

Discus and support Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. After installation today is day 3. The laptop is extremely sluggish to execute any command. It takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sam Mathewbk, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation

I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. After installation today is day 3. The laptop is extremely sluggish to execute any command. It takes several minutes to open, for example, internet explorer or for that matter any program. I tried optimizing the drive, to no avail. I'm at my wits end.Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Sam Mathewbk, Feb 14, 2019

2. Sluggish Windows 10 laptop

My windows 10 laptop is more than 3 years old. After upgrading to win 10 in August 2015 I did a clean install on December 2015. The PC was running fine. It has now become very sluggish. How can it be speeded up without reinstalling windows 10?

AbhijeetDas211969, Feb 14, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation

1. Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation - Similar Threads - Laptop extremely sluggish

2. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  3. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  4. Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall: Hi,Earlier today, I attempted to use a system restore point. This was because I had deleted a few files and had accidentally restored them from the Recycle Bin. When I was used system restore, I kept getting an”AppxStaging” error. I read a few articles, and after a few tries,...
  5. Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall: Hi,Earlier today, I attempted to use a system restore point. This was because I had deleted a few files and had accidentally restored them from the Recycle Bin. When I was used system restore, I kept getting an”AppxStaging” error. I read a few articles, and after a few tries,...
  6. Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD: I just got my laptop back from service centre to get a HDD replacement (there were bad sectors on the old one), and now my laptop feels more sluggish than how it used to be (Twitter on Chrome is very laggy), even though I've uninstalled all of the bloatwares. I've installed...
  7. Windows 10 extremely sluggish and hard disk usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 extremely sluggish and hard disk usage at 100%: Hello there. I am a noob windows 10 user using a Lenovo laptop I'm unable to tell the model number now please forgive me. But what i can talk about are my problems. Let's start with what I did today. My laptop was functioning perfectly snappy and I decided to dual boot Kali...
  8. Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update

Laptop Extremely Slow after a Windows 10 update: Happened on March 14, 2019 Was going to shut down my laptop and one of the buttons was "update and shutdown." I haven't experienced problems in the past updates of win 10 so I let it update. The next day, it took 10 minutes for my pc to start up, refreshing took a whole...
  9. Win10 Version 1803 Extremely Sluggish

Win10 Version 1803 Extremely Sluggish: This weekend I purchased a Samsung 970 Pro SSD to upgrade my systems main drive. Because the OS on the old SSD was the previous version of windows I decided to download the ISO of version 1803 onto a flash drive and just do a clean install on the 970 pro. The install was...
  10. Sluggish windows after gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish windows after gaming: It only seems to happen after I've played Forza Horizon 3 along with the Xbox app. Playing Tom Clancy's Wildlands does not have the same effect. Drop boxes, context menus, and the icon box on the lower right corner appear empty. Windows sometimes open with only an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop is slow after windows reinstallation