Windows 10: Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer?

Discus and support Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had purchased a Windows 8 Pro license for a laptop that had been on an enterprise license previously. I have since upgraded it to Win10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hal Marietta, May 2, 2021.

1. Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer?

I had purchased a Windows 8 Pro license for a laptop that had been on an enterprise license previously. I have since upgraded it to Win10 pro. Problem is that the laptop is now failing with overheat issues. I have another laptop that I'd like to move that license to. It currently has an OEM windows home license. Is it possible to move my purchased Windows pro key to the newer laptop and if so, what would be the proper way to go about it?thanks,Hal

:)

Hal Marietta, May 2, 2021

2. Transfer windows 10 license to new computer

My Windows License is listed on my account page tied to my laptop. It gives me the option to Remove the PC. Will this realease the license to be reappliedt omy new computer.

RogerMaki1, May 2, 2021
  3. Anthony12 Win User
    Getting a new laptop

Yeah this is good that you are going to purcahse new laptop actually i am doing this business and deals in all kind of laptops and computer sales and repairs i would like to suggest you to purchase Core i5 or i7 laptop because this is the latest technology in the laptops which is very best and latest features .....

Give us a call

Anthony12, May 2, 2021
  4. D2Beetle Win User

Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer?

Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

S-and-S,

Yes, they are Win10 and for each new build I do, I purchase a new license; no transfers and no hardware changes either. When I build a computer, that computer is listed under "My Devices", which represents a license; how do I get that computer off of my
    device list? Because it is no longer my computer.

D2Beetle, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer?

1. Laptop failed. Can I move the purchased license to a new computer? - Similar Threads - Laptop failed move

2. Windows 10 license to new computer fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license to new computer fails: HelloI'm trying to activate a new windows 10 computer using a Microsoft digital account but having getting to the screen that shows my available licenses.These are the steps I'm taking.On the new computer I access the Windows ActivationSelect the " I changed hardware on this...
  3. Windows 10 license to new computer fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 license to new computer fails: HelloI'm trying to activate a new windows 10 computer using a Microsoft digital account but having getting to the screen that shows my available licenses.These are the steps I'm taking.On the new computer I access the Windows ActivationSelect the " I changed hardware on this...
  4. Windows 10 license to new computer fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Moving win10 pro to new computer fails

Moving win10 pro to new computer fails: The new computer has win10 home on it and when I insert the activation key for the pro edition it says "windows has been activated", but the computer is still running the home edition....
  6. How to move digital license to a new laptop?

How to move digital license to a new laptop?: Question Is there any instructions on how to move Windows 10 Pro digital license from old laptop to the new one? Details I just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language preinstalled. But my previous laptop has Windows 10 Pro which I got during free...
  7. Moving to a new computer (license)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving to a new computer (license): I am going to build a new computer and I am wondering if the license would keep working when I just switch out the OS drive to a new computer. It is a retail license, not OEM if that would make a difference. I also attached the license to my Microsoft account. Thank you!...
  8. Move Windows Pro license to a new computer

Move Windows Pro license to a new computer: Is is possible to remove or disable Windows 10 PRO totally from one computer and install in a new computer with the original being dismantled and recycled? TedPaulat...
  9. Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?

Can Windows 10 Pro be moved to a new computer using digital license?: I purchased a PC with Windows 10 Home 2 years ago and afterwards upgraded to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft store. The activation method is a digital license. I recently bought a new PC, also with Windows 10 Home and a digital license. Can the Windows 10 Pro license be...
  10. Where can I purchase a Volume License?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where can I purchase a Volume License?: Hi guys. I've been doing some Googling but I can't seem to find a satisfactory solution on this. After the 29th, I'd like to install Windows 10 on every computer at our small business's office (around 10 computers), so I'd like to get a Volume License if possible. I...