Windows 10: Laptop failed to turn on.

Discus and support Laptop failed to turn on. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I updated my Lenovo ideapad 100 to an Insider build on 12 December. Everything worked fine. The following day I tried to turn it on but it didn't. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian_James, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Laptop failed to turn on.

So I updated my Lenovo ideapad 100 to an Insider build on 12 December. Everything worked fine. The following day I tried to turn it on but it didn't. I tried all the basic stuff like holding power button, removing battery, clicking the Nova button. All the laptop does if flash the battery, webcam and power lights. Fortunately I found a workaround. I swapped my 4gb ram with a 2gb and everything works fine. The funny thing is that my 4gb ram works fine in another laptop. I even tried my harddrive and the 4gb ram in another laptop and they it worked. Later I decided to try again in my laptop, it turn on but I got an error that insider build ran into a problem. What could be the problem?

:)

Brian_James, Dec 20, 2018

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Dec 20, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Munki Win User

Laptop failed to turn on.

laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Laptop failed to turn on. ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Laptop failed to turn on.

1. Laptop failed to turn on. - Similar Threads - Laptop failed turn

2. Laptop not turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not turning on: I was gaming on my Gigabyte aero 15 oled KD when it suddenly turned off. When I press the power button the AERO light at the back comes on but goes back off immediately. The fans don't run and nothing else comes on. I've removed the battery and tried powering the laptop with...
  3. Laptop not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not turning on: Hello,My laptop isn't turning on and I need help, I haven't opened it up in a while but I want to know if I can make it turn on. I replaced the battery a couple of months ago but it stopped turning on after a couple of months. Usually when a laptops batteries die I can just...
  4. Laptop not turning on

Laptop not turning on: Hello,My laptop isn't turning on and I need help, I haven't opened it up in a while but I want to know if I can make it turn on. I replaced the battery a couple of months ago but it stopped turning on after a couple of months. Usually when a laptops batteries die I can just...
  5. Laptop Not Turning On

Laptop Not Turning On: I was using a recently bought laptop to try and get some work done. It seemed to run smooth enough, until it got a blue screen. The progress was stuck at 0% for hours, with seemingly nothing happened. That was until I believe my laptop ran out of battery. Im trying to charge...
  6. Laptop Not Turning On

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Not Turning On: I was using a recently bought laptop to try and get some work done. It seemed to run smooth enough, until it got a blue screen. The progress was stuck at 0% for hours, with seemingly nothing happened. That was until I believe my laptop ran out of battery. Im trying to charge...
  7. Laptop Not Turning On

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Laptop not turning on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop not turning on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MilanTheMyth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0d5bn/laptop_not_turning_on/
  9. Laptop screen fails to turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen fails to turn on: Hi Everyone I got a new SSD for my laptop and installed a fresh windows on it. Which is updated to the latest version. The problem I'm having is that laptop screen fails to turn on after the following events: the lid is closed display is turned of using any method laptop...
  10. Laptop will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop will not turn on: Ok so I have a Windows 2in1 laptop that will not turn on and/or gets stuck on a black screen. I need help does anybody know of a good solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-turn-on/b9cf65e0-1f4e-4301-9c43-ae3b9402a8d5