Windows 10: Laptop fails to get into sleep

Discus and support Laptop fails to get into sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76IK. Sometimes when I click sleep, the screen turns dark but the fan will start spinning at high speed and the light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NgLok Chun, May 8, 2021.

1. Laptop fails to get into sleep

I have an Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76IK. Sometimes when I click sleep, the screen turns dark but the fan will start spinning at high speed and the light is still blue supposed to be orange. Does anyone know what is the culprit and how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

:)

NgLok Chun, May 8, 2021
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, May 8, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 8, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Laptop fails to get into sleep

Why won't my laptop *sleep* anymore?

1) change the power options like the others suggested. Settings/System/Power & sleep/Additional power settings. Try programming the power button tap or lid close options to Sleep and Test. Screenshots here

Laptop fails to get into sleep [​IMG]

Laptop fails to get into sleep [​IMG]

2) if this fails, test turning Hibernation to Off by opening command prompt or powershell (admin) {don't worry, this is easily reversible}. Type powercfg -h off then Enter.
    Confirm by going back to the 'additional power options screen and Hibernate will not be there anymore, like on my system screenshot above where I've had it off for years to disable Fast startup.
    Try Sleep now (or better yet, after a reboot). If fixed, great. If not and you actually use Hibernate, simply replace off with on in the command prompt. Good Luck

mrgeek, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Laptop fails to get into sleep

1. Laptop fails to get into sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop fails sleep

2. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep: I have an ASUS laptop which is running Windows 10. Starting around July / August of this year, my laptop fails to resume from sleep mode occasionally. After waking from sleep, I either get a black screen and nothing. Black screen and auto reboot after ~30 seconds, or Black...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  6. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  7. Laptop Cannot get to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Cannot get to sleep: Hey guys, So When I leave my laptop open and expect it to go to sleep, it doesn't. The screen just turns off and the fans ramp up like hell. And if i "wake it up" it goes back to normal. Strangely, this only happens when the laptop is plugged into my thunderbolt dock/dongle...
  8. Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop gets in to sleep mode randomly: Laptop gets into sleep mode randomly. Tried all the options of power management. I disabled the hibernate also but still, the problem persist. I first thought its the problem due to the graphics card. Disabled the graphics card but still, the problem persists. Please help....
  9. Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop gets HOT when in sleep mode.: I have an HP Envy X360 with a Ryzen 5 3500U, which I bought near November of last year. Everything with it was fine until 2 months ago when I noticed that whenever my laptop was in sleep mode it'd get really hot to the touch, even hotter than when I run a demanding game or...
  10. Sleep mode failing

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode failing: Hi windows ten Version 1809 I can put my system in sleep mode, but when back from sleep mode and little later want sleep mode again , it fails to work. Please advise 128390