Windows 10: Laptop fails to start

Discus and support Laptop fails to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi community, recently, when using Chrome with Google as my homepage, it suddenly and inexplicably went to Yahoo as the now home page; I did a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NormanGale1, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Laptop fails to start

Hi community, recently, when using Chrome with Google as my homepage, it suddenly and inexplicably went to Yahoo as the now home page; I did a system restore in hope of fixing the problem but now nothing works. It comes up 'preparing auto repair' then 'diagnosing your PC' and then 'Auto Repair - your PC did not start properly' with 2 tabs of Restart and Advanced options and that is all. Does anyone know, please, how I can get it to restart without having to do a 'system recovery' where I lose everyting except for Win10 as that is the platform it is using.

TIA Norm

:)

NormanGale1, Jan 28, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Laptop fails to start

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Laptop fails to start

1. Laptop fails to start - Similar Threads - Laptop fails start

2. Laptop failing to start Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop failing to start Windows 10: Hey everyone, I have a LENOVO G50-70, with i3-4030U and 8GB RAM, and recently my laptop showed a BSOD and showed this is caused by REFERENCE TO POINTER and then shutted down, since then on whenever I try to start my laptop it either shows error codes:0xc0000428 0xc0000221...
  3. PC fails to start

PC fails to start: I got a Window says my PC didn't start correctly so I restarted it as it says but it keeps getting back to the same screen. I cant sign in no matter how may times I restart. I need a serious help....
  4. Windows failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to start: Hello,Please guide me for the cause windows boot manager failed to start on server with using OS windows server 2016 standartfile: \windows\system32\winload.exe status: 0xc000007bStatus : 0xc000007bthis cause i got after windows update belowThanks....
  5. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  6. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  7. error: failed Sandbox failed to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error: failed Sandbox failed to start: I am trying windows sandbox for the first time and keep getting this error message "Windows sandbox failed to start Error 0x80041002" I tried googling it but nothing helpful came up Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated submitted by /u/lolster123456 [link]...
  8. Start failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start failed: I turnef on my pc a d go a blud screen saying automatic repair failed, i have tried everything and i think i may need todo a fresh install the problem isi cant find the priduct key that i think i need is there a way to geg it...
  9. w10 laptop fails to start

in Windows 10 Support
    w10 laptop fails to start: My w10 laptop failed to start with following error attached below. 142869
  10. HP laptop not starting up after failed updates

HP laptop not starting up after failed updates: Laptop said it needed to download updates (m"may take a few minutes"). Four HOURS later, still saying the same. Removed battery, turned power on , removed AC adapter, all to no avail. Has stopped saying there are updates, and now tries to load up but an error message saying...