Windows 10: Laptop falling asleep while listening to music, podcasts, etc.

Discus and support Laptop falling asleep while listening to music, podcasts, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, A few weeks ago, my laptop started falling asleep in the middle of me listening to music, podcasts, etc. It never used to do this. I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by campbese, Sep 18, 2015.

1. campbese Win User

Laptop falling asleep while listening to music, podcasts, etc.

Hello,

A few weeks ago, my laptop started falling asleep in the middle of me listening to music, podcasts, etc. It never used to do this. I have the time set to turn off the screen after a minute, and then a minute after to fall asleep. Before this started being an issue, it would not fall asleep if an audio stream was in use, but now if I am on battery power, it will. This morning when my laptop was plugged in, I set the time to turn off the screen and fall asleep to a minute for when it is plugged in, and it wouldn't fall asleep while I was listening to music, so this seems to only be an issue when I'm running off of battery power.

Thanks for any help!

:)

campbese, Sep 18, 2015

2. Is there a way for the music player in WP8 to remember position in the track?

When listening to a podcast the music app seems to be able to remember the exact location if you stop mid-way while listening to the audio.

I would like for it to do the same for other audio files I listen to, for e.g. If I'm listening to a lecture etc. however, it only remembers place where I stopped listening for podcasts not other audio files... any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,

sanjayshetty, Sep 18, 2015
  3. MP3 Player Bookmarks

The Music player (it's not fair to call it an Mp3 player since it plays a whole bunch of formats other than Mp3), is always running in the N91.

If I'm listening to a podcast and a call comes in, the podcast is paused and then the ringtone comes in. You can take the call and when you hang up the music or podcast resumes automatically.

If you are listening to music you can browse the internet, or connect to your email server or send an SMS while still listening to the music/podcast.

Oh, I found a way to bookmark!!

If I open the podcast from the File Manager, I can hit pause, then start playing a song in the Music player, then if I go back to the file manager the podcast is still paused at the same location. Yeah!, so you can kind of bookmark but it requires you to use
    File Manager.

el_loco---01, Sep 18, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, check your power plan settings - when using battery power.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options

dalchina, Sep 18, 2015
  5. campbese Win User
    I did that. Everything seems to be set to the same settings as when it's plugged in

campbese, Sep 18, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Conversely, what happens if you extend the time from what appears to be 2 minutes before sleep, if I've understood correctly?
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...leep-mode.html
    - may be of interest.
    Can you confirm it's going to sleep, or is the screen just going black?

(Meanwhile to alleviate the problem (not solve it) you could try 'Don't sleep' - a freeware utility)

dalchina, Sep 19, 2015
  7. hawkman Win User
    This power option,

Roy

hawkman, Sep 19, 2015
  8. campbese Win User

It's definitely going to sleep, as in the middle of a song or youtube video if I don't touch it, it will just stop playing and sleep. By changing the battery option to optimizing video quality, it has stopped falling asleep during youtube videos, however it is ongoing for listening to music or podcasts.

campbese, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop falling asleep while listening to music, podcasts, etc. - Similar Threads - Laptop falling asleep

2. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  3. BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after laptop falls asleep: A user is reporting a BSOD when she wakes up her laptop from Sleep, but ONLY when she's connected to her docking station. She says this isn't a problem at home or elsewhere. We've swapped docks, cables, her laptop, RAM, and even tried plugging the dock into another power...
  4. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  5. PC will not turn on after falling asleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not turn on after falling asleep: I step away from my PC a lot and leave it running, and then it falls asleep. Recently, I come back to wake it up and nothing happens. The lights on the tower come on, and I can hear the fans running, so there is power. But nothing else happens. Monitor is completely black,...
  6. Monitor falling asleep while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor falling asleep while playing games: I know exactly what caused the issue and it occurs for only one program that engages my dgpu. Other games and applications don't do this. It only started when I manually added the program in question to the list of customizable programs on nvidia control panel. The game is...
  7. computer falls asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer falls asleep: OK....there are thousands and thousands of posts dating back at least 4 years about computers going into sleep mode (if this is what it is) after a few minutes of user inactivity in spite of the power settings and screen saver settings being set for longer times. AND THERE...
  8. BSOD while listening music

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while listening music: Can someone help me with this one? BSOD appeared while I was listening some music trough Windows 10 Groove app. Here is the minidump file link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RNGdf4p_V-wUUZaepOuY_gwE01GeFAnu And here is the WhoCrashed report: On Fri 20/07/2018...
  9. BSOD while listening to music, error was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while listening to music, error was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: So I got that BSOD and ran sfc.exe /scannow (with administrator) but the program was unable to repair the corrupt files. I am running Windows 10. I've attached the dump file as well. 36272
  10. Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Issue. Falls asleep at random.: So, it's set to NEVER sleep (unless I tell it to), but persistently falls asleep randomly - sometimes it will run for hours, other times it will sleep if you turn your back on it for 5 minutes. It gets rather annoying after a very short time. Any ideas? Thanks. ....