Windows 10: Laptop fan 1 not working?

Discus and support Laptop fan 1 not working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack2063, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Jack2063 Win User

Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high. Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Laptop fan 1 not working? :)

:)

Jack2063, Jun 13, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 13, 2019
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Only one side of laptop fan working

For anyone else that is curious, this is what a 2-Fan ROG laptop looks like inside:

_

Laptop fan 1 not working? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Laptop fan 1 not working? - Similar Threads - Laptop fan working

2. Windows 10 update stopped all but 1 of my fans working and set/throttled the cpu fan,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update stopped all but 1 of my fans working and set/throttled the cpu fan,...: It's a ryzen 5600 CPU nothing old or unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stopped-all-but-1-of-my-fans/f081c489-98b2-4c16-895b-6247554ae886
  3. Windows 10 update stopped all but 1 of my fans working and set/throttled the cpu fan,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update stopped all but 1 of my fans working and set/throttled the cpu fan,...: It's a ryzen 5600 CPU nothing old or unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-stopped-all-but-1-of-my-fans/f081c489-98b2-4c16-895b-6247554ae886
  4. Windows 10 update stopped all but 1 of my fans working and set/throttled the cpu fan,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  6. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  7. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop fans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  9. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  10. Only one side of laptop fan working

Only one side of laptop fan working: After disassembling and reasembling everything together, only right fan is working, and is going on full blast. I disconnected the right fan cable to see if left fan is working, it is working after I disconnect the right fan. But when connected the right fan back, the left...