Windows 10: Laptop Fan Always On

Discus and support Laptop Fan Always On in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer Nitro 5 770HQ, GTX 1050 Ti laptop and recently my fan is always on. I don't know what to do! Even if I am not running Any background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Natanael Batesiu, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Laptop Fan Always On

I have an Acer Nitro 5 770HQ, GTX 1050 Ti laptop and recently my fan is always on. I don't know what to do! Even if I am not running Any background programs like I used to before GeForce etc and I just look at the desktop my laptop's fan is running like a blender all the time.

I dusted the fan in hopes it would run smoother but it's the same and I looked the problem online where I saw it was a 2016-ish problem but none of the fixes work for me and most of the options there do not exist for my laptop I saw up to 20 fixes/sources. I even tried to look in the Bios for the "Fan always on the option" but is inexistent!

Due to the country that I live in, the feature this laptop should provide NitroSense which should allow me to edit or manipulate how my laptop fan, CPU, etc. works is not available.

Can anyone help me fix this, please?

:)

Natanael Batesiu, Apr 4, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Laptop Fan Always On [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Laptop Fan Always On [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 4, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop Fan Always On

n-ster, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Fan Always On

1. Laptop Fan Always On - Similar Threads - Laptop Fan Always

2. Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on: Hi so i got a brand new laptop, Asus RoG Zephyrus, i upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Really bad decision!!!!!! The fans constantly running even if the laptop is idle, never had this isue with windows 10. Will there be a fix update on this windows 11 fan control?...
  3. Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows 11 Fan Noise/Always on: Hi so i got a brand new laptop, Asus RoG Zephyrus, i upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. Really bad decision!!!!!! The fans constantly running even if the laptop is idle, never had this isue with windows 10. Will there be a fix update on this windows 11 fan control?...
  4. Laptop fan/overheat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan/overheat: I use my laptop a lot and I only use chrome tabs, nothing else, I try to close every background app that is running. Doesent work. My laptop specs are...Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.7 GB usable Graphics Intel iRIS...
  5. Laptop fans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  6. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  7. Why are my fans always on no matter what?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are my fans always on no matter what?: Just bought a surface book 2 and as soon as I started it, the fans would run continuously no matter what. CPU and GPU isn't stressed at all. The fans run at max speed even on battery saver mode and also while asleep sometimes. It's really annoying to hear them run all the...
  8. Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound: after updating 1809, my laptop's fan is always on and always a huge sound, this is only after updating. In before it's ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-always-running-on-with-huge-sound/6e8a949d-8afd-4838-a9ec-453df625e5fc
  9. Laptop fan not always turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan not always turning on: Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fan always running