Windows 10: Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

Discus and support Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after updating 1809, my laptop's fan is always on and always a huge sound, this is only after updating. In before it's ok.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SAJIB AL MASUD, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

after updating 1809, my laptop's fan is always on and always a huge sound, this is only after updating. In before it's ok.

:)

SAJIB AL MASUD, Mar 5, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound :p

cadaveca, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Fans Running when Laptop is under no load

Hello,

This issue may arise due to Video card driver incompatibility or corruption. I suggest you to reinstall Video card drivers and check if issue is resolved. Kindly follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Display Adaptor”.
    • Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealt
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

Laptop very hot, fan constantly running since installing Win 10

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.

b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.

c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.

d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.

e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.

f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation.

g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.

h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound

1. Laptop Fan always running on with huge sound - Similar Threads - Laptop Fan always

2. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  3. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  4. Laptop Fan Always On

Laptop Fan Always On: I have an Acer Nitro 5 770HQ, GTX 1050 Ti laptop and recently my fan is always on. I don't know what to do! Even if I am not running Any background programs like I used to before GeForce etc and I just look at the desktop my laptop's fan is running like a blender all the...
  5. laptop fans running all the time

laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  6. laptop fans running all the time

laptop fans running all the time: Hi has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  7. fan on laptop keeps running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fan on laptop keeps running: I saw an article about crypto mining using my fan in my laptop to steal electricity from me and charge me higher electric bills, how do I find out if this is happening to me, and how do I stop it. thank you, for your help with this matter,elliott...
  8. Laptop fan not always turning on

Laptop fan not always turning on: Hello, I am having an issue on my Inspiron 15 where my cooling fan doesnt always start up. For example, ill start up the laptop, and start web browsing or playing a game, and the fan will never turn on. I have had it overheat and shut off a few times. But if i restart the...
  9. Laptop Fan Running - Solved

Laptop Fan Running - Solved: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E420. Windows 10 has ran my fan almost constantly during the last year. This has stopped with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update!!! I'll put up with spending an hour restoring my custom settings on almost everything that a "Creators" update...
  10. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...