Windows 10: Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

Discus and support Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi!Over the last three days, my asus vivobook’s fan has been constantly on full throttle. It is about a year old and is used daily. When it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mastermissy, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

Hi!Over the last three days, my asus vivobook’s fan has been constantly on full throttle. It is about a year old and is used daily. When it is restarted, the fan stays on. I recently updated to 21H2 and it’s only been getting worse.Help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

mastermissy, Jun 18, 2021

2. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 18, 2021
  3. pat-pat. Win User
    my sony vaio model number vpceb fan runs constantly and very fast

Hello,

after updating windows 10 on my sony vaio model vpceb, I have noticed my laptop fan is running constantly and very fast. Can anyone suggest a fix please

pat-pat., Jun 18, 2021
  4. steveh69 Win User

Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

HP Laptop Fan runs constantly

Here's my situation. It seems that after last weeks round of Windows 10 Updates, the fan on my Laptop constantly runs.
    I've done a lot of search on symptoms for my HP model and getting all kinds of mixed solutions and want to be sure of what to do before I start downloading and updating. This could only make my situation much worse than I have now.

My Specs are:
    HP Envy 17T-J100
    Windows 10 Versions 10.0.14393 Build 14393
    Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors
    Bios Version = Insyd F.65 11/20/14
    SMBIOS Version = 2.7
    Intell HD Graphics 4600

Any help and suggestions of how to fix this would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

steveh69, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

1. Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix? - Similar Threads - Laptop fan constantly

2. Outlook 365 periodically revving fans on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 365 periodically revving fans on MSI laptop: I'm a happy owner of the famous MSI gf76 Katana and notice Outlook causes the cooler fans to rev up every few minutes and that will last only a few seconds.Strange thing is, it only goes up to 7-8% but yet the Task Manager says it is 'very high'. I've looked hither and yon at...
  3. Outlook 365 periodically revving fans on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365 periodically revving fans on MSI laptop: I'm a happy owner of the famous MSI gf76 Katana and notice Outlook causes the cooler fans to rev up every few minutes and that will last only a few seconds.Strange thing is, it only goes up to 7-8% but yet the Task Manager says it is 'very high'. I've looked hither and yon at...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  5. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  6. Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan constantly revving - how to fix?: Hi!Over the last three days, my asus vivobook’s fan has been constantly on full throttle. It is about a year old and is used daily. When it is restarted, the fan stays on. I recently updated to 21H2 and it’s only been getting worse.Help would be appreciated, thanks....
  7. Laptop Fan Running Constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly: In recent days, my laptop fan is continuously running at full speed. Please help. Here is my task manager screenshot.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-running-constantly/08918749-c57d-4e84-91da-6ece658fe4dc
  8. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  9. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...
  10. Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving

in Windows 10 Support
    Lag spikes, CPU heat, Fans revving: Guys. I just built a new pc. It has Rog Strix z370f gaming Intel i7-8700k Gtx 980 16 gb DDR4 Corsair TX750M PSU Problem is that my fans are revving even when executing a small task. Open browser etc. Temp on cpu is 50 c. I tried putting quiet mode. Another one is that I get...