Windows 10: Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11

Discus and support Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using an Asus TUF F15 2021 model, i5-11400, GeForce 3060, 16GB RAM and running Windows 11. I've downloaded all the latest software and drivers from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Petaris, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Petaris Win User

Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11

I'm using an Asus TUF F15 2021 model, i5-11400, GeForce 3060, 16GB RAM and running Windows 11. I've downloaded all the latest software and drivers from Asus and everything runs fine.Except after the Laptop goes to sleep mode, then s**t literally hits the fan. When my laptop wakes up from sleep, the fan instantly spins at 4800 rpm. I can't force it down, even switching energy profiles within Windows and trying different fan speed settings in the Asus Armoury Crate does nothing to calm it . The CPU is between room temperature and 35° - shouldn't warrant a fan at all. Usually the Fan spins 140

:)

Petaris, Mar 5, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

New laptop FN keys not working [Solved]

The FN key seems to be a toggle , I don't need to press it every time I want to adjust the volume or brightness.
    With all my previous laptops I needed to press the FN key WITH the f key I needed to use, so it works slightly different on this laptop than what I'm used to.

P4-630, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11 [​IMG]

Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11 [​IMG]

Chadi, Mar 5, 2022
  4. gabgab Win User

Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11

FN keys not working after sleep

thank you, yes they actually recently released a new BIOS which i flashed the other day. and i also tested the FN lock disabled and enabled from BIOS, no change.

let me have a look at that second link you shared..

cheers,

- - - Updated - - -

niet niet, i even installed that one (second link) again, same story, no FN keys combo after sleep. annoying.

I noticed that if you uninstall the graphics drivers, the FN keys are NEVER working, so that tells me it's that.

i tested both the customised asus intel ones and the stock intel from intel.com and same story. also added a bug in windows10

so annoying...lol, i use a lot sleep especially when you finish working and resume the next day.

in the end you can do all those controls with other settings in win10 but they are very handy the FN's. especially volume and bri

gabgab, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Laptop Fan loud

2. Show text suggestions not working in windows 11 on asus tuf f15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show text suggestions not working in windows 11 on asus tuf f15: i do required setting for Show text suggestions but not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-text-suggestions-not-working-in-windows-11-on/9721a5b2-5dbb-4ef9-8ba7-5f35732b3d55
  3. Show text suggestions not working in windows 11 on asus tuf f15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show text suggestions not working in windows 11 on asus tuf f15: i do required setting for Show text suggestions but not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-text-suggestions-not-working-in-windows-11-on/9721a5b2-5dbb-4ef9-8ba7-5f35732b3d55
  4. Games crashing on ASUS TUF F15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing on ASUS TUF F15: My games are crashing on asus tuf f15 i512500H rtx 3050, everytime i open valorant it crashes within 5 minutes. I thought its a game problem so i played counter strike 2 and that crashed 2.overall every game is crashing. I have updated drivers already, aslo reinstalled...
  5. Games crashing on ASUS TUF F15

Games crashing on ASUS TUF F15: My games are crashing on asus tuf f15 i512500H rtx 3050, everytime i open valorant it crashes within 5 minutes. I thought its a game problem so i played counter strike 2 and that crashed 2.overall every game is crashing. I have updated drivers already, aslo reinstalled...
  6. DTS X not working on ASUS TUF GAMING F15 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DTS X not working on ASUS TUF GAMING F15 Laptop: Hi, how is everything today?Anyways, I have an issue where whenever I try to use DTS X Ultra for my laptop, it doesn't seem to be working at all. I've tried everything I could including updates and even updating my bios but had no success at all. Another thing that I'm having...
  7. DTS X not working on ASUS TUF GAMING F15 Laptop

DTS X not working on ASUS TUF GAMING F15 Laptop: Hi, how is everything today?Anyways, I have an issue where whenever I try to use DTS X Ultra for my laptop, it doesn't seem to be working at all. I've tried everything I could including updates and even updating my bios but had no success at all. Another thing that I'm having...
  8. DTS X not working on ASUS TUF GAMING F15 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11

Laptop Fan loud after sleep mode and FN keys stop working Asus TUF F15 & Windows 11: I'm using an Asus TUF F15 2021 model, i5-11400, GeForce 3060, 16GB RAM and running Windows 11. I've downloaded all the latest software and drivers from Asus and everything runs fine.Except after the Laptop goes to sleep mode, then s**t literally hits the fan. When my laptop...
  10. locking hotkeys in asus tuf F15

in Windows 10 Customization
    locking hotkeys in asus tuf F15: I want to lock FN so that I can turn up the volume, change the brightness etc. without having to hold down function FN key first.it is pretty annoying to hold the FN key everytime to access the hotkeys provided.My laptop model is ASUS TUF F15 , model no.:FX566LII have windows...