Windows 10: Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame?

Discus and support Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop fan has begun to get very loud at times and I am wondering if it's because of the many background processes. I don't know the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jellybath, Feb 16, 2019.

1. jellybath Win User

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame?

Hello,

My laptop fan has begun to get very loud at times and I am wondering if it's because of the many background processes. I don't know the first thing about them and wouldn't know what to do with them. I've been trying to see if there is a particular trigger but I cannot find one. I'm not sure if this means anything but most of the time I keep my laptop on a flat surface i.e. table/desk and never on my lap or bed. I think the 'biggest' thing I do on my laptop is playing Nancy Drew games (current one is 128MB and I always delete them when I've finished playing) or the Sims 4 when the laptop does get noisy but not always. I don't usually have many things open at once.

Here is my system information. It's a small laptop and there is 29.4 GB free out of 118 GB.

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? d04a0ee6-e90b-4645-b8a5-be309708f8e5?upload=true.png

Here are the background processes

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? faef0e88-da22-414d-8870-6369f3937a7e?upload=true.png

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? a7fe4308-3e1e-45d1-871c-ab312ccc4e9d?upload=true.png

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? 66fb92f9-c3ab-444d-bffc-75dacc16b66a?upload=true.png

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? ec0bff24-036c-4c88-9903-7b5d9856b4c2?upload=true.png

Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? 9463cf7d-5c59-420e-b68d-e8d5324f28f8?upload=true.png

Any advice?

Kind regards

:)

jellybath, Feb 16, 2019

2. Is it normal to have 97 background processes?

My laptop has 8gbs of RAM but the amount of background processes are sucking nearly 50% of it, so when I start using apps like browsers, or voice chat apps, it gets up between 70 and 80%, making my laptop fans loud, and hot. Most of this processes seem
    to be from windows, and I don't know which ones should I close, or how to eliminate them. I don't know anything. Please help.

asgardsanchez, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Laptop fan suddenly loud

Hello and welcome to TF,

The fan working for a bit after you shut down your laptop is normal.
    When do you start hearing the fan? Is it after you use your laptop for a while or right when it boots up? Have you checked Task Manager for any background processes that might be causing your cpu to go full power? Are the specs you wrote down in your profile the same ones as of the laptop?

Midou35000, Feb 16, 2019
  4. gameerik Win User

Laptop fan suddenly loud

The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust)

gameerik, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop fan SO loud! 80 odd background processes to blame? - Similar Threads - Laptop fan loud

2. My laptop fans are abnormally loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fans are abnormally loud: I asked this question yesterday with someone else, and it led me to potentially having to BIOS update my laptop on a manufacturing websiteHowever I am unsure how to safely do this given the description from the BIOS says "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your...
  3. My laptop fans are abnormally loud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop fans are abnormally loud: I asked this question yesterday with someone else, and it led me to potentially having to BIOS update my laptop on a manufacturing websiteHowever I am unsure how to safely do this given the description from the BIOS says "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  5. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  6. My computer fan is so loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer fan is so loud: When I use the computer, the fan of computer is so loud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-fan-is-so-loud/12756250-73dd-45a0-8fcd-7a03d5781c32
  7. My computer fan is so loud

My computer fan is so loud: When I use the computer, the fan of computer is so loud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-fan-is-so-loud/12756250-73dd-45a0-8fcd-7a03d5781c32
  8. Laptop fan making loud noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan making loud noise: I bought a brand new microsoft go laptop around 2 weeks ago and occassionally the fan makes some noise if there a lot of tabs. This normally wouldn’t bother me but eachtime it is very loud almost like the sound of an airoplane taking off and what is strange is that everytime...
  9. Loud laptop fan noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  10. Laptop fan suddenly loud

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan suddenly loud: The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust) 103801