Windows 10: laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on.

Discus and support laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I connect my mobile phone to laptop (Dell Inspiron) and enable USB tethering, then laptop fan works at max speed. As soon as I disable USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a9nbh5rfx, Mar 9, 2021.

1. laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on.

When I connect my mobile phone to laptop (Dell Inspiron) and enable USB tethering, then laptop fan works at max speed. As soon as I disable USB tethering, fan starts to spin normally.

I am experiencing this problem on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Mobile phone is Google Pixel 4a running Calyx OS. I've tried to search the internet for solution, but couldn't find any.

I've also tried to use different operating system (Ubuntu 20.10 live USB) and it works without any issues and fan spins quietly.

I've updated drivers for both 'Remote Network Device Internet Sharing' device and 'Google USB Driver', but the issue persists.

If anyone has knowledge about this problem, please help me. I would be grateful.

submitted by /u/a9nbh5rfx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a9nbh5rfx, Mar 9, 2021

2. Intel i3 6100 fan running at max speed for no reason!

On December 26th, I moved my PC into a new case. For about a week, my CPU fan kept spinning at max speed for no reason and i couldnt change it in the BIOS or anything. I booted up my PC on January 2nd and for some reason, my fan was normal. A week later
    today, after the new update, my CPU fan is back to spinning at 100%. My temps are very low so there's no reason for it to be spinning so fast; any help? running the stock cooler with an MSI H110M Pro-VH motherboard and a GTX 970. CPU usage in task manager
    is pretty low as well.

Matt28299292, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Mar 9, 2021
  4. JarredJay Win User

laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on.

Windows 10 fan speeds

I appreciate your reply, however thats not the case.

As I mentioned, when I look at whats running in my system, my computer is hardly working. It is not running anything but windows 10 and yet the fans are spinning at max. Temperature CPU% - 9 %, Memory - 20% yet the fans are speeding at 100% When I look at
    speed fan, the system temperature is normal. In fact better than it was when running windows 7. It is the obvious fact that when I install Windows 10 the fans remain at 100%.

JarredJay, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on.

1. laptop fan spins at max speed, while USB tethering is on. - Similar Threads - laptop fan spins

2. PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display and fans are speeding up to max: I have this PC for 2014 and i still use today 10 days ago my power supply got damaged so we got one today but when i start my pc i notice my power button is not lighting up expect the disk LED. My PC spins to life but no display and i heard all my fans are spining to the...
  3. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  4. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  5. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  7. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason: As stated above.In viewing task manager I tend to see nothing obvious that could be the cause. Once the fan gets going it doesn't appear as if it will stop until I shut my laptop down fully.Checked my fan physically and no dust.Replaced thermal compound between cpu and heat...
  8. Laptop fan spins up to max for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...