Windows 10: Laptop fan suddenly loud

Discus and support Laptop fan suddenly loud in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gameerik, Feb 5, 2018.

1. gameerik Win User

Laptop fan suddenly loud

The cpu usage is only high for a short timeafter boot, it is definetely not hot, randomly yesterday it just started to became loud (fairly new laptop) Asus x541u.When i shut down the pc the fan still goes for a bit,any ideas?(it’s not dust)

:)

gameerik, Feb 5, 2018
  2. arammah Win User

My laptop fan is going crazy and won’t stop spinning

I have had my laptop for abour two years now and it has been working fine until about two weeks ago when the fan started making grinding noises and was on all the time. All of a sudden though my laptop fan started going crazy, it is loud and seems like it
    is spinning really fast. The laptop doesn’t seem to be heating up. I turned off my laptop and left it over night but the next morning when i turned on my laptop the fan starts spinning right away and it still makes the loud noise.

Model:

13-s020nr

arammah, Feb 5, 2018
  3. Issues continuing after Windows 10 upgrade

Sorry for the very late reply, but after playing around with my laptop for a few days after attempting both methods, I've had a mixed response. The first method did nothing and after I tried the second method with a restart. My laptop was very quiet for
    the remainder of the day, and didn't overheat.

Other days, I still get a loud fan even while the laptop is sitting idle in a cool room.

I am still having the 100% disk usage but not a loud fan all the time.

To summarize, I'm still having the same issues, but my fan ISN'T ALWAYS super loud, and isn't ALWAYS having 100% usage.

I'm not sure what to do now.

BahamutAXIOM, Feb 5, 2018
  4. Laptop fan suddenly loud

Hello and welcome to TF,

The fan working for a bit after you shut down your laptop is normal.
    When do you start hearing the fan? Is it after you use your laptop for a while or right when it boots up? Have you checked Task Manager for any background processes that might be causing your cpu to go full power? Are the specs you wrote down in your profile the same ones as of the laptop?

Midou35000, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

Laptop fan suddenly loud

1. Laptop fan suddenly loud - Similar Threads - Laptop fan suddenly

2. Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive Laptop with black screen and loud fans: Unresponsive laptop with black screen, loud fan noise. I turned my laptop to update and shutdown after some time when i comeback i see a black screen and loud fans. I checked and it eas not overheated. I tried to restart and it isnt responding to me. It bas been 4hours into...
  3. My laptop fan keeps running loud

My laptop fan keeps running loud: Hello my laptop fan is loud and constanly running. I clean it once a month so I checked if there was any dust build up but the fan was clean, yet its still running so loud. Someone help...
  4. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  5. Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud

Laptop Fan Running Constantly Loud: I got my laptop August of 2020 and over the past few months whenever I'm using it the fan will constantly be running super loud and sounds like a vacuum cleaner even if I check task manager and see the computer is using low resouces. Sometimes after a while of it being on the...
  6. Laptop fans are creating loud sounds unnecessarily.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fans are creating loud sounds unnecessarily.: Hello,My HP Notebook 15s is creating a loud sound using its fans. I surfed the web and it said about overheating, but my laptop is fully cool. I don't have any obstructions to my fans and everything is fully clear. This sound starts just when the laptop boots. I also saw one...
  7. Laptop fan making loud noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan making loud noise: I bought a brand new microsoft go laptop around 2 weeks ago and occassionally the fan makes some noise if there a lot of tabs. This normally wouldn’t bother me but eachtime it is very loud almost like the sound of an airoplane taking off and what is strange is that everytime...
  8. Fan suddenly loud?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fan suddenly loud?: When I opened up my laptop, it opened up a fan app, I clicked out of it and the laptop just starts to blare its fan. Is there a solution to this? submitted by /u/Umbrascript [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5pzc1/fan_suddenly_loud/
  9. Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?: Bought a Surface laptop 3 back in January (15" AMD Ryzen. 8GB Memory. 128GB SSD. Platinum). I only use it for home office stuff (light surfing online, light MS Office word/excel, paying bills, etc). Its been a great laptop until a month ago when started buzzing like a bee...
  10. Loud laptop fan noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC fan begun work loud