Windows 10: Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

Discus and support Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I noticed my new laptop, Dell Inspiron 5301, turns its fan on at full speed when put to sleep. Turns out, this issue is not specific to my laptop, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kevinsagen47, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

I noticed my new laptop, Dell Inspiron 5301, turns its fan on at full speed when put to sleep.

Turns out, this issue is not specific to my laptop, my friend with an HP laptop also does this.

I reached out to Dell Tech Support, they replied to me that this is totally normal and is caused by "Modern Standby".

They said it is unfixable.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/modern-standby

This is very very annoying.

Is there anything I can do? Does anyone have the same issue?

:)

kevinsagen47, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Jack2063 Win User

Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high.
    Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in
    games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep :)

Jack2063, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...enovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-notebook-lenovo

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

fan speed increases

my laptop's fan speed increases when windows defender is undergoing scan

Akash Khajuria, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

1. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Fan Turns

2. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  3. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  4. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  6. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  7. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  9. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...