Windows 10: Laptop fans on randomly when closed

Discus and support Laptop fans on randomly when closed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 7590 and the fans will randomly turn on when it is closed. This morning I woke up and the fans were whirring. Why does this happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fishboy728, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Laptop fans on randomly when closed

I have a Dell XPS 7590 and the fans will randomly turn on when it is closed. This morning I woke up and the fans were whirring. Why does this happen and how can I stop it?

submitted by /u/fishboy728
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fishboy728, Jul 21, 2020

2. Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jul 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Laptop fans on randomly when closed [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Laptop fans on randomly when closed [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Laptop fans on randomly when closed

Laptop not sleeping when lid is closed and plugged in

Thanks, but nothing has helped.

But i have made some interesting observations.

When my laptop is running on battery and has been off the charger for a while and i sleep by closing the lid, it usually doesn't work and the fan still runs

But when I close the lid with a bit more force it recognizes and goes into sleep state

It doesn't work when its plugged in and pressing the power button doesn't make it sleep either.

I tried hibernating using the start menu but the fan remains on and i have to hard shut down every time

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Ju Yeol Youn, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Laptop fans on randomly when closed

1. Laptop fans on randomly when closed - Similar Threads - Laptop fans randomly

2. Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...: As explained above, using a Microsoft surface laptop 3 on windows 10, the cursor randomly appears in the middle of the tv when the lid of the laptop is closed. When I used an external mouse to move it away, the streaming bar at the bottom appears and never goes away. Any...
  3. Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor randomly returns to the middle of the screen when laptop is closed and content is...: As explained above, using a Microsoft surface laptop 3 on windows 10, the cursor randomly appears in the middle of the tv when the lid of the laptop is closed. When I used an external mouse to move it away, the streaming bar at the bottom appears and never goes away. Any...
  4. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fan randomly turning on: I have this dell inspiron that i use for school. Usually after school i just put my laptop on sleep mode and stuff into my bag but for some reason the fan kept turning on when it's not supposed to and the stuff in my bag became a bit... "toasty".So because of that my computer...
  5. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan randomly turning on: I have this dell inspiron that i use for school. Usually after school i just put my laptop on sleep mode and stuff into my bag but for some reason the fan kept turning on when it's not supposed to and the stuff in my bag became a bit... "toasty".So because of that my computer...
  6. Laptop fan randomly turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  8. Task Manager randomly closing/Fan ramp up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager randomly closing/Fan ramp up: I'm having trouble with Task Manager on Windows 10 Home Up to date It randomly closes itself if I leave it in the background Still and open window/minimised Normally this wouldn't bother me but for some reason when it closes my Fans start ramping up for no reason I've...
  9. Laptop fans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fans: Ive been using my laptop just for google docs and the fans are so loud, is there anyway I can turn them down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fans/fffc5228-ba0f-4e25-bfb1-b4af3920aabb
  10. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...