Windows 10: Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time

Discus and support Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day to all. My son has a HP255G6 laptop its about 18 months old working okay. 8gb ram 250ssd, Lately the issue is the fans are running most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, Jan 13, 2019.

1. dafydd Win User

Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time

Good day to all.
    My son has a HP255G6 laptop its about 18 months old working okay.
    8gb ram 250ssd, Lately the issue is the fans are running most of the time. He has cleaned the outlet on the side of the laptop and sprayed the compressed air that you can purchase for pc cleaning.
    Should the fans be running most of the time with a ssd installed, A friend of his got a similar laptop with ssd and don't hear the fans.
    What do you experts think of the issue. Please.
    Many Thanks to all.
    David.

:)

dafydd, Jan 13, 2019

2. Fans Running when Laptop is under no load

Hello,

This issue may arise due to Video card driver incompatibility or corruption. I suggest you to reinstall Video card drivers and check if issue is resolved. Kindly follow the below given methods:

Method 1:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Display Adaptor”.
    • Right click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps
    to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealt
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Laptop very hot, fan constantly running since installing Win 10

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.

b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.

b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.

c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.

d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.

e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.

f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation.

g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.

h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Computer Fan Speed Running Loud When Not In Use

Hi,

When a desktop fan creates noises, it could be due to several factors. Accumulated dust, wires are hitting the fan's blade or the fan is adding heat causing the system to make an effort to cool the system. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to have
    a better understanding of the situation:

• Are you using a desktop computer or a laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press Windows + R to open the Run window. Type winver and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's behavior?

Erika Aro, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop fans seemed to be running all the time - Similar Threads - Laptop fans seemed

2. HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time: So I have an HP Omen laptop 15-dc1088nr, I updated it not realizing it was an update for Win11, I didn't mind it since I liked the way it looks now and so far no problem with Win11. But I have noticed that my fans are constantly on and would spin very loudly and would only...
  3. HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Omen laptop fan is ON all the time: So I have an HP Omen laptop 15-dc1088nr, I updated it not realizing it was an update for Win11, I didn't mind it since I liked the way it looks now and so far no problem with Win11. But I have noticed that my fans are constantly on and would spin very loudly and would only...
  4. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  5. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fan running at full speed all the time: My laptop was running fine and dandy, no loud fan noise, fan would rotate at full speed only when i play games and even at that times fan wouldn't make that much of noise. Untill today's morning when the windows 10 latest update got installed automatically and now fan is...
  6. Fan running at full speed all the time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..: Fan running at full speed nearly all the time, I'm sick of this spinning sound, please help.. Even though when i do nothing on my pc, like i close all apps everything, it still runs at full speed.. and my laptop's fan is totally clean atm and its thermal paste changed like...
  8. laptop fans running all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop fans running all the time: Hi it has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  9. laptop fans running all the time

laptop fans running all the time: Hi has been just two weeks that I have bought my laptops but the cooling fans start running from the very first of starting my laptop every day. Please help me with this issue....
  10. Fan runs all the time

Fan runs all the time: I have a new HP Pavilion 590 pc and the fan runs constantly. I'll have to take it back unless someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-runs-all-the-time/66b33ada-fbb0-4354-8bff-7a1fbdbe188c