Windows 10: Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

Discus and support Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yam session, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and fans from the inside, did a complete format with a new Windows installation, updated all the drivers and checked for virus and or malware. I don't have my computer on any kind of surface that prevents proper ventilation. Please advise on what might be causing this problem, it's very loud which I wouldn't mind so much if I was

:)

Yam session, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Jack2063 Win User

Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high.
    Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in
    games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle :)

Jack2063, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Laptop fan 1 not working?

It used to have speed controls for the fans in Speedfan, are they no longer there? It's still in it's website description:

"If you need a tool that can change your computer's fan speeds, read the temperatures of your motherboard and your hard disk, read voltages and fan speeds and check the status of your hard disk using S.M.A.R.T. or SCSI attributes, then...SpeedFan is the software
    to go.

See here: Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/set-...

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/how...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jun 26, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

Utility for laptop fan control?

Note that, depending on your laptop, any direct control of the fan may not be possible. I suggested the one above as it seems aimed at laptops in particular- but I've not tried it.

E.g. Speedfan lists no fan on my Thinkpad.

Ok, I've now tried NoteBook FanControl for you.
    It has preset configurations for different machines: e.g.

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle [​IMG]

which for my t440s gives

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle [​IMG]

- whereas Speedfan didn't seem to achieve anything, I'm afraid. Presumably you looked at the config editor...

dalchina, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

1. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle - Similar Threads - Laptop fans working

2. high fan speed when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  3. high fan speed when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high fan speed when idle: hello,I bought a new gaming laptop, the laptop is totally new and clean, after 2 days from buying it, I have noticed an issue, the fan is on 2000 RPM when idle , according to task manger, most of the time CPU usage around 1% to 5%, the problem has started two days ago, before...
  4. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  5. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

Laptop's fans spin up when idle: Why do my laptop's fans spin up after screen turns off when it goes idle? When woken up, it stabilizes in a few minutes and is silent again as if some service stopped and it cooled down.This was happening on all my windows laptops in the past, it's not exclusive to my latest...
  6. Laptop's fans spin up when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  8. Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop fans working full speed when Laptop is idle: Hi everyone, I will really appreciate some advice as my ZenBook pro UX501VW laptop fans are running at full speed all the time even when no processes are working except of the default Windows processes. I have tried so many things - I have physically cleaned my laptop and...
  9. My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..

My laptop's fan running full speed all the time..: Fan running at full speed nearly all the time, I'm sick of this spinning sound, please help.. Even though when i do nothing on my pc, like i close all apps everything, it still runs at full speed.. and my laptop's fan is totally clean atm and its thermal paste changed like...
  10. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep: I noticed my new laptop, Dell Inspiron 5301, turns its fan on at full speed when put to sleep. Turns out, this issue is not specific to my laptop, my friend with an HP laptop also does this. I reached out to Dell Tech Support, they replied to me that this is totally normal...