Windows 10: laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

Discus and support laptop feels slower after hdd replacement in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the ssd I was using failed and had corrupt windows files so I got a hdd and replaced it. The hdd is SATA-III 6/Gbs 500 gb any reason why it would be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by detorationX, Aug 1, 2020.

1. laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

the ssd I was using failed and had corrupt windows files so I got a hdd and replaced it. The hdd is SATA-III 6/Gbs 500 gb

any reason why it would be a little slower?

:)

detorationX, Aug 1, 2020

2. Recovery problems after HDD replacement.

Hello there!

My PC is HP Pavilion Laptop (cc-102tx) with Windows 10 Home Edition.

I had replaced my old HDD with a new one (both 1TB) as old one was having some noise issue. Before replacement I had created recovery media of my OS in a bootable pen drive. Soon, after the replacement of the HDD, I plugged in the USB drive and the recovery
    initialisation started without any issue. But as soon as it reached the Software Installation page, it gave me an error message stating 'Restoration Incomplete'. I retried the whole process a few times but in all tries it stopped at more or less the same step.
    Later, in the 10th try, it went to install the software and the Windows Desktop and normal appearance was there during the process. But as soon as the task was all complete, it again gave me the same error. This time I switched off my PC, and removed the USB
    pen drive; Then booted using the HDD and configured the new Windows. But now when I ran the command "sfc /scannow" to ensure that everything is right in place, the process completed with the comment that "some repairs couldn't been made". Please suggest me
    the next step so as to ensure proper function of my recovered OS in future.

Viren Ramchandani, Aug 1, 2020
  3. SSD disappeared and laptop acting weird after HDD replacement?

Hi!

Long story short (can give more details if it helps), started hearing sounds from laptop and correctly guessed hard disk was in danger of failing. Got it to the repair people before it failed, who copied my data to an external, then replaced my 1TB HDD with
    a 500GB HDD.

I've got a few more issues, but the simplest to answer would be... is it normal that I'm not seeing the second drive (D:/) that I used to have? Replacing the HDD and therefore reinstalling windows 10 shouldn't have messed with the SSD, right? And I'm guessing
    unless they physically took it out of the laptop (doubtful), it should still be there. However, laptop can't see it in Disk Management. Currently there's:

1. C: - about 465GB
    2. Disk 0 partition 3 - 100MB
    3. System reserved - 549MB

The original specifications say "128GB PCIe SSD" - where did it go?!

Thanks laptop feels slower after hdd replacement :(

WannabeTechie2, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

1. laptop feels slower after hdd replacement - Similar Threads - laptop feels slower

2. 100% usage of HDD, slower laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% usage of HDD, slower laptop: My laptop is from hp, with hdd, and it getting slower and slower all time even when I do reset it many times, and delete every single file on it so it's like brand new, I don't know what to do .. I can't provide an ssd at the moment, and I really need it to be faster so it...
  3. 100% usage of HDD, slower laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% usage of HDD, slower laptop: My laptop is from hp, with hdd, and it getting slower and slower all time even when I do reset it many times, and delete every single file on it so it's like brand new, I don't know what to do .. I can't provide an ssd at the moment, and I really need it to be faster so it...
  4. 100% usage of HDD, slower laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. window 11 feel abit slower after full format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 feel abit slower after full format: My window 11 feel slows after the full format, like loading folder in c:tabbing and window button. windows isn't using alot of my ssd and ram.might be the virus that got trasmitted idk...
  6. window 11 feel abit slower after full format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 feel abit slower after full format: My window 11 feel slows after the full format, like loading folder in c:tabbing and window button. windows isn't using alot of my ssd and ram.might be the virus that got trasmitted idk...
  7. Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD: I just got my laptop back from service centre to get a HDD replacement (there were bad sectors on the old one), and now my laptop feels more sluggish than how it used to be (Twitter on Chrome is very laggy), even though I've uninstalled all of the bloatwares. I've installed...
  8. Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse feeling slower/heavier than usual: Hello ! I'm really sorry to bother but my issue is annoying as hell. When I came to pc, everything was great, I had my 400 dpi glorious model o, playing fps with a nice feeling, good aim ect.Then, suddenly, the mouse stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back, but...
  9. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.: Hey, I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd. The laptop does not have an additional hdd option. Thanks in...
  10. replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade: replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade and activation If I clean install W10 to the new SSD, will Windows activate automatically..... thanks 45559