Windows 10: Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

Discus and support Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got my laptop back from service centre to get a HDD replacement (there were bad sectors on the old one), and now my laptop feels more sluggish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notyouridealguy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

I just got my laptop back from service centre to get a HDD replacement (there were bad sectors on the old one), and now my laptop feels more sluggish than how it used to be (Twitter on Chrome is very laggy), even though I've uninstalled all of the bloatwares.

I've installed CPU & GPU drivers from manufacturer's site (which is Acer), and it still feels sluggish. I suspect Windows Update is the culprit, but my CPU, RAM, and disk usage are under 50%. Any suggestions or ideas? Thank you.

submitted by /u/notyouridealguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notyouridealguy, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD

1. Laptop feels sluggish after changing HDD - Similar Threads - Laptop feels sluggish

2. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  3. slow and sluggish laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow and sluggish laptop: I have Lenovo Legion 5 intel i710th gen laptop with 240hrz refresh rate and 2060 GTX graphic card 16gb ram but some how My laptop is reallyy very sluggish and slow I donot get good frames neither do I get good fps on low graphic games its really frustrating and sad help me...
  4. I have no clue why my pc feels so sluggish..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no clue why my pc feels so sluggish..: Today morning it was all okay, I booted up my game (destiny 2), played for 20-30 minutes then closed it..and ever since my pc feels SLUGGISH.. I have done everything in my ability to make it better, from restarting multiple times, clearing temp files, cleaning registry,...
  5. laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop feels slower after hdd replacement: the ssd I was using failed and had corrupt windows files so I got a hdd and replaced it. The hdd is SATA-III 6/Gbs 500 gb any reason why it would be a little slower?...
  6. After 1909 update ASrock win10 pro feels sluggish

After 1909 update ASrock win10 pro feels sluggish: since i upgrade my rig with 1909 it feels sluggish, i do not want to do a rollback to previous version i want to roll with it. however what i can do to fix the sluggishness of it now? what tools can i use to debug the dump files and how to run program and diagnose mini dump...
  7. Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation

Laptop extremely sluggish after Windows 10 reinstallation: I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop. After installation today is day 3. The laptop is extremely sluggish to execute any command. It takes several minutes to open, for example, internet explorer or for that matter any program. I tried optimizing the drive, to no avail....
  8. my laptop is sluggish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my laptop is sluggish: I wondered if there are download file that can be removed when after updating files from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-sluggish/7c04727b-069a-4f07-a64a-0f0349985387"
  9. Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish performance on laptop after coming out of sleep: I tried searching this and didn't find much so I figured i'd ask. I know i'm running an older laptop but lately when I come out of sleep mode everything I do is more sluggish and slow.. and web browsing especially. Most of the time I just have to do a restart to normalize it....
  10. changing hdd in new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing hdd in new laptop: I will be getting a new laptop, I've never had one before, which has a 1tb hdd fitted. I happen to have a Samsung 500gb 850 EVO taken from a desktop that died, the ssd is fine. What are my options, can I remove the hdd and do a clean install of W10, my first choice to avoid...