Windows 10: laptop files are not visible

Discus and support laptop files are not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, from yesterday I am facing the problem with my laptop. The files and folders on my laptop are not showing on the dashboard/home screen where these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BikramSonar, May 28, 2019.

1. laptop files are not visible

Hi, from yesterday I am facing the problem with my laptop. The files and folders on my laptop are not showing on the dashboard/home screen where these files and folders are accessible by going to the my PC> desktop folder>. Files and folder are not hidden, they are present, but I cannot see them directly on my home screen.

You can see my home screen screenshot following below link, Plz help me.

http://prntscr.com/nuh8uz

:)

BikramSonar, May 28, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, May 28, 2019
  3. bradp1979 Win User
    NAS server not visible

We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop shortcut, so even if it wasn't visible on the network, the files could still be accessed.

How can I either force the computer to recognize the NAS server, or create a desktop icon that is linked to it without it being visible in the network listing?

Thanks.

bradp1979, May 28, 2019
  4. laptop files are not visible

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 28, 2019
Thema:

laptop files are not visible

1. laptop files are not visible - Similar Threads - laptop files are

2. restored files not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restored files not visible: I had a Windows 7 computer which suffered a hard-drive failure. I attempted to recover its data files from a backup drive to a windows 11 computer. This computer now shows 200+ GB of disk space used by the restore operation, but the files are nowhere to be seen. All the...
  3. restored files not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restored files not visible: I had a Windows 7 computer which suffered a hard-drive failure. I attempted to recover its data files from a backup drive to a windows 11 computer. This computer now shows 200+ GB of disk space used by the restore operation, but the files are nowhere to be seen. All the...
  4. File names not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names not visible: Unable to see existing file name in MyDocments folder, Windows 10. Files are still there but names are not displayed. File names do appear on desktop? Attempted to repair using CMD screen but it dissappeared as well? Any suggestions appreciated....
  5. Hidden Files not Visible

Hidden Files not Visible: After the latest update I can no longer see hidden files. Updated to: V10.0.19042 Build 1942 When I try to select "View Hidden Files" the checkbox shows a tick which then disappears. Going via settings and setting the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" accepts the...
  6. Open files not visible on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open files not visible on desktop: After my screensaver has been on, my open files are no longer visible on my desktop, so I can't see what's open. If I close down the computer, thinking I've closed everything, I can lose unsaved changes. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere so the open files always...
  7. Files not visible

Files not visible: All THE files and folders are missing from desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-visible/eff51d7a-f16b-4de2-921d-32fae7aa837d
  8. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  9. All files/folders not visible

All files/folders not visible: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder, it shows me...
  10. Making a file visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Making a file visible: Hi :) My install of Sony Vegas is not working; it crashes when performing a render. I understand this is not an app-specific board, but I have narrowed down the issue, and am thinking this might be a W10 thing. The crash spits out an error, which tells me that an exe file...