Windows 10: Laptop fingerprint not working .

Discus and support Laptop fingerprint not working . in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hi, I have a laptop that has a fingerprint sensor and at first when I used it, the fingerprint works and its windows hello to. But now it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jakehe1226, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Laptop fingerprint not working .

Laptop fingerprint not working . a04f9cc9-ebff-4ca5-9dd6-5595377827fb?upload=true.png Hi,

I have a laptop that has a fingerprint sensor and at first when I used it, the fingerprint works and its windows hello to.

But now it just doesn't work like it disabled itself.

When you go to the setup sign in options it just says something went wrong and I had this for a few months.

When I go to the device manager it just says that the biometric device is working.

What do I do?

Thanks.

:)

jakehe1226, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Dec 5, 2020
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Laptop fingerprint not working .

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop fingerprint not working .

1. Laptop fingerprint not working . - Similar Threads - Laptop fingerprint working

2. My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My HP ProBook Laptop's fingerprint is not working: Hey there! Thanks for reading my question. I just got this laptop a month ago. I have never used the fingerprint reader, nor have I ever thought about it. I've been wanting to use it the more I see it every day, so I go to windows settings to activate it, but it says "This...
  3. Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working

Fingerprint reader on HP laptop not working: So I opened my laptop and the fingerprint reader doesn't work.I went to settings and removed it and set it up again and when I place my finger it doesn't do anything....
  4. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working: The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less...
  5. Fingerprint not working

Fingerprint not working: Ever since I set up my surface pro I havent been able to use the fingerprint sign in option. I specifically bought this keyboard pad so i could use the fingerprint login and it has never worked for me. Someone help please!!...
  6. Fingerprint Scanner on laptop

Fingerprint Scanner on laptop: I use a DELL inspiron 3584 laptop and it has a built-in fingerprint scanner on the power button but Windows can't seem to find anything about a fingerprint sensor yet on the manual that came with this it says power button = power on/off + fingerprint scanner yet nothing comes...
  7. fingerprint scanner not working

fingerprint scanner not working: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and my fingerprint scanner all of a sudden stopped working after updating to windows 10 hello 1909. Ive tried to do windows x + device manager + biometrics + and roll back but the roll back feature is blocked. Im not sure what to do. It says I...
  8. Fingerprint Sign-in Not Working

Fingerprint Sign-in Not Working: Hello! Yesterday my HP laptop all of a sudden froze on a screen that I was working on and after about 5 minutes gave me a blue screen that said something like "windows has encountered a problem and is gathering info and will restart soon : " My laptop restarted but since...
  9. Fingerprint not working

Fingerprint not working: I have lenovo y720s ideapad which was working fine until December but now the windows hello is saying that your device is not supported. I tried uninstalling the driver but that didn't work I tried troubleshooting it in which it says Synaptics WBDI has a driver problem but...
  10. fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint not working: Used the fingerprint to open the computer for a couple of weeks and now says I need to actually sign in. The question is not how but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fingerprint-not-working/e3f78db7-d02b-46b3-8059-a6c18a66ffeb