Windows 10: Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

Discus and support Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexandruPruna, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i was running win 10 one day i noticed that my laptop asked me for my work wifi network, i didn't thought much of it and i typed it, after i got home it asked me for my home wifi password, at that point i noticed sth it's not right. I tried some stuff from other microsoft answers but this problem is different from the one that also forgets the password after reboot. My laptop is good no matter what i do , shut down, reboot, etc but when i connec

:)

AlexandruPruna, Sep 14, 2022

2. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

My Nokia Lumia 520 never had any connection problems, but today it won't connect not even when I press the WPS button on the modem or type the wifi password. I get the message:

''The Wifi network didn't respond, try again later''.

Wifi is working fine on all other devices (pc, laptop, tablet and other phones) so I'm guessing it's a phone issue? Phone's wifi was working fine yesterday.

Black Panther, Sep 14, 2022
  3. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

I've finally figured out what happened, but the problem is only temporarily solved.

I had changed my wifi password. And the phone won't connect with the new password. If I change the wifi password back to the old one it connects.

So it's definitely a phone issue.
    I wish I could change my wifi password and have my phone working..

Black Panther, Sep 14, 2022
  4. simrick Win User

Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

Want to make wifi ALWAYS forget password

Hi jsiete and welcome to Tenforums.

There are a couple things you could do.

First, when you connect to your wifi, if you uncheck the "connect automatically" box, it will not remember the password.

Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi [​IMG]

The other option is to use the settings in your router, to control access times for the MAC addresses of the devices. This would be more of an automatic setting, where you could assign access during certain times of the day.

Hope that helps.

simrick, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

1. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop forgets wifi

2. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  3. Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to forget a WIFI connection, but the "forget" option is not there: Hi allI needed to change my password at uni every six months is the policy.Usually, on my personal laptop then, I forget the uni wifi network, and rejoin with the new password.But this time... the "Forget" option is not there to select... so I am stuck. When I click the wifi...
  4. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi: Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i was running win 10 one day i noticed that my laptop asked me for my work wifi network, i didn't thought much of it and i typed...
  5. Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi

Laptop forgets wifi password of the previously connected wifi: Ok, i had this issue for more than half an year but now i really can't stand it anymore so that's why i'm asking here. It all started randomly when i was running win 10 one day i noticed that my laptop asked me for my work wifi network, i didn't thought much of it and i typed...
  6. Unable to forget wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to forget wifi connection: I have a home office and residential wifi at the same location. I need to forget the residential connection because of some issues with connecting printers and other devices. The ip address seems stuck to the HOME-2A12. See below, it doesn't exist anywhere it can be deleted...
  7. Unable to forget wifi connection

Unable to forget wifi connection: I have a home office and residential wifi at the same location. I need to forget the residential connection because of some issues with connecting printers and other devices. The ip address seems stuck to the HOME-2A12. See below, it doesn't exist anywhere it can be deleted...
  8. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........
  9. Windows 10 won't connect to Internet after password change... but "forgetting" the wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't connect to Internet after password change... but "forgetting" the wifi...: We changed the Wifi password and now my windows 10 won't connect. I've tried "forgetting" the network and entering the correct password, but it still refuses to connect, saying "no internet". I've tried turning the wifi on and off. I've tried restarting my PC. All other...
  10. Want to make wifi ALWAYS forget password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want to make wifi ALWAYS forget password: Hi, I have a young'un I'd like to make "earn" internet each day. The plan is, he needs to come talk to me or his dad and we will type in the wifi password. Only trouble is that his devices (Windows 10 laptop and Surface Pro) automatically remember our home wifi password upon...