Windows 10: laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time

Discus and support laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP ppavillion 15 notebook laptop (i5, 4 GB RAM) and recently updated my OS from window8.1 to window 10 (as part of free upgrade). Since then, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amitkumar32, Dec 30, 2018.

1. laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time

I have HP ppavillion 15 notebook laptop (i5, 4 GB RAM) and recently updated my OS from window8.1 to window 10 (as part of free upgrade). Since then, I am facing an issue with my laptop. laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time .and Occasionally, my WiFi which otherwise keeps running fine, start showing limited connectivity (yellow sign) and then suddenly, it loose the connectivity (Ethernet sign but with red, see the attached image, surprising may be as I am not using cable) and the moment it happens, the laptop gets hanged and then I have to use the hard reset. file is attached system file

:)

amitkumar32, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Gulve Win User

Laptop keeps restarting every time I connect to Wifi.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    Code:
    [b]No I am not getting any error message. It is just getting restart automatically.[/b]
    • Is the issue isolated to a specific WiFi connection?
    Code:
    [b]Yes. This issue is specific to WiFi connection at my Home. It works fine on Smartphone's Hot spot.[/b]
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Code:
    [b]So far, I have only tried uninstalling security update, after which it works fine with mu home WiFi also as it used to work before this security update.[/b]

Gulve, Dec 30, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Varlokkur Win User

laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time

Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings

I have Windows 10 Home, fully updated.

My next-door neighbor rents his cable modem from Time Warner, so there's an open network called TWC Wifi (and also a Cable Wifi). I have never manually connected to this network, and it doesn't show up in my list of "Known networks"--the only 2 networks listed there are my own network and my mother-in-law's. I've turned off Wifi-sense. Yet, virtually every single time I wake my laptop from sleep, I go to load a website and get the login for Time Warner and then notice that my computer is connected to TWC Wifi or Cable Wifi. Again, these are NOT known networks, wifi-sense is turned off... why does my computer still prefer these open networks over my own home network (the router is less than 10 feet away)?

I'm at my wit's end. Is this a bug? Is there any way to set my computer to avoid these SSIDs?

Varlokkur, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time

1. laptop freeezes after time connecting the wifi and happend every time - Similar Threads - laptop freeezes connecting

2. Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts: This has been hapening frequently I need help asap! Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-connect-to-school-wifi-my/8669e0f9-a8e9-429a-aefa-66e982893115
  3. Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts: This has been hapening frequently I need help asap! Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-connect-to-school-wifi-my/8669e0f9-a8e9-429a-aefa-66e982893115
  4. Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts: On a samsung galaxy book goThis has been happening for some time now. I tried to troubleshoot the problem and it didnt detect and propblem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-connect-to-school-wifi-my/f617c3bc-a68d-49f2-af64-8fb088c78377
  5. Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts

Every time i try to connect to school wifi my laptop restarts: On a samsung galaxy book goThis has been happening for some time now. I tried to troubleshoot the problem and it didnt detect and propblem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-connect-to-school-wifi-my/f617c3bc-a68d-49f2-af64-8fb088c78377
  6. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time: My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and...
  7. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time: My WiFi automatically disconnects after 2-3 hrs of continuous use and after that I am not able see that wifi name in wifi list and I have to restart my laptop to get it connected again but sometimes even after doing it, it didn't connect. I have even done troubleshooting and...
  8. Laptop WiFi disconnect after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Every time after starting my laptop it doesn't connect correctly to wifi but fixes itself...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time after starting my laptop it doesn't connect correctly to wifi but fixes itself...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oneshotkill_2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzuopy/every_time_after_starting_my_laptop_it_doesnt/
  10. Every time there is a time change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time there is a time change: So every time there is a time change I have To go to the settings and click on this sliding button on Date And Time settings. Can it be because I could have set time zone automatically off ? submitted by /u/cachooscar [link] [comments]...