Windows 10: laptop freeze and antivirus

Discus and support laptop freeze and antivirus in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I always update my laptopwindows and the antivirusprotegent av cloud after switching it on and before doing anything else. Even then my laptop freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by elianarii, Jun 22, 2021.

1. elianarii Win User

laptop freeze and antivirus

I always update my laptopwindows and the antivirusprotegent av cloud after switching it on and before doing anything else. Even then my laptop freezes and nothing works so I have to shutdown and start it again. when I start it again I get the message that "Microsoft defender antivirus and Protegent av cloud are both turned off" and "Protegent av cloud was not updated" . why does this keep happening. When I open the antivirus app it says its updated and when I scan the entire system I do not even get any virus or anything. So why does my laptop keeps feezing so much.

:)

elianarii, Jun 22, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 22, 2021
  3. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Jun 22, 2021
  4. laptop freeze and antivirus

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

laptop freeze and antivirus

1. laptop freeze and antivirus - Similar Threads - laptop freeze antivirus

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer: Since September 14th, 2023, my computer has been freezing randomly. I've been debugging back and forth on what the issue could be. I ran Dianostics, uninstall drivers, reinstalled drivers. Removed hardware. to pinpoint what my error was.last week, on 10/18/2023. I decided,...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Freezing my computer: Since September 14th, 2023, my computer has been freezing randomly. I've been debugging back and forth on what the issue could be. I ran Dianostics, uninstall drivers, reinstalled drivers. Removed hardware. to pinpoint what my error was.last week, on 10/18/2023. I decided,...
  4. Laptop freezed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezed: Can someone please help me My laptop freezed while installing amd driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezed/516ebea0-6aec-4064-adf6-800e6ec32c53
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups: Hello, I'm here to ask if anyone is experiencing lockups/freezes with the latest Windows 10 updates/build? My issue is, when our users workstations boot up and they log in, after 30-90 seconds Windows Defender warning comes up and says the threat service has stopped and there...
  6. Laptop freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing: My laptop has been freezing lately and a blue screen has been appearing when I slightly moved my laptop, forcing me to have to long press the off button and turn it back on again. I brought it to currys and paid 75 euro for it to be fixed as it was just out of the year...
  7. laptop freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezing: Hi guys I am on a hp laptop I7-7500U x64 and it has freezing problems. it freezes after every shutdown, restart, or sleep. the screen just freezes and nothing works until I force restart it with the power button and then it works normally. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. How to install a new antivirus in the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a new antivirus in the laptop: How to install a new anti virus in the laptop as the the pc got some error unable to open and the files in the c and drives are deleted so I need to format and install a new antiviruscbse 10th exam date 2021...
  9. Antivirus for laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus for laptop: hey i need a help in protecting my laptop firstly when i purchased this laptop i got 1 month free and now it has expire so should i renew it or not Secondly, Should I purchase bitdefender antivirus Thirdly, Does windows defender is capable as compare to other antivirus. What...
  10. Laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes: Hi all im having problems with my laptop. When i turn it on and i login in to windows, i click on any icon or program it says not responding and irs frozen like that. Sometimes the screen just goes black while its frozen and other times it eventually comes back to normal...