Windows 10: Laptop Freeze

Discus and support Laptop Freeze in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This might be very typical I'm not sure, basically my laptop is having moments where I'm doing my own thing then it just freezes and I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jayryan29, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Jayryan29 Win User

Laptop Freeze

This might be very typical I'm not sure, basically my laptop is having moments where I'm doing my own thing then it just freezes and I have to forcefully shut it down. Sometimes when I turn it back on it comes up with loads of code and works like normal after, but the other day it put me onto a temporary profile and I couldn't handle it so I spent all day today resetting the whole laptop back to factory settings, and after 12 hours my laptop feels fresh and new. BUT what do you know, 10 minutes in and it froze. Please help ASAP, am I doing something wrong?

:)

Jayryan29, Apr 16, 2016

2. Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series freezes on PC reset and restart.

I am trying to reset my laptop (long story, not the point). The reset I know is not freezing my laptop. It's the restart function process. I know this because most times when I restart my laptop (not a reset), it freezes on Dell Logo. In this case, it freezes
    on Dell Logo with the words "Preparing" underneath.

If I can't reset my laptop, I will continue to be burdened with my laptop ****. Please help.

JunlongKwan, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Asus Laptop Freezes Factory Reset

So I'm trying to Factory Reset my Asus laptop and while it prepares for a total reset it freezes and I've tried restarting the laptop and trying again but it freezes this is on Windows 10

GabeRichardson, Apr 16, 2016
  4. Laptop Freeze

Hi have you updated your BIOS and are your drivers up to date.
    Also what Browser are you using as I found that can also cause trouble
    I had that all on Windows 8.1 what problem you are having now
    But since upgrading to Windows 10 updating My BIOS and Drivers
    Also using Edge Browser I have had not one problem
    I disabled IE11

hTconeM9user, Apr 16, 2016
  5. Jayryan29 Win User
    Ok I'm not big on this whole computer stuff but how do I check to see if the things are updated? Also I used Microsoft Edge too

Jayryan29, Apr 16, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    You would have to go to the HP support web site and check for updates on your model. If your system specs were filled in, we could provide a link for you.

simrick, Apr 16, 2016
  7. Hope this link will help you
    HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS | HP® Customer Support

hTconeM9user, Apr 16, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Laptop Freeze

+1 +1 +1

davidhk, Apr 16, 2016
  9. Jayryan29 Win User
    So I went to the website and it scanned what type of computer I had, no updates for my BIOS came up, presuming I'm fully updated?

Jayryan29, Apr 16, 2016
  10. AnEdge Win User
    Jay, did you upgrade your HP from win 7 or 8? And what model is it? I may have a solution

AnEdge, Apr 16, 2016
  11. Jayryan29 Win User
    I upgraded from win 7 and its HP Pavilion dv6 Intel Premium

Jayryan29, Apr 20, 2016
  12. AnEdge Win User
    As I wrote in another post,
    I have had numerous problems with my HP Pavilion after upgrading from 7. You name it I encountered it. Finally figured it out !!
    Uninstall HP support assistant , HP framework, HP setup(this one is important), HP quick launch (if you don't have it) and HP on screen display from the programs setup'
    These HP programs are unnecessary and without a doubt cause problems, especially coming from Win 7, because they were configured for the previous OS. When you need to install drivers you can go to all the individual vendors and download them manually. This is good practice anyway.

After uninstalling all the HP crap, my system runs like a top. Actually better than the previous OS. Win 10 after it is tweaked is an awesome OS.

Let us know how it goes...Good luck

AnEdge, Apr 20, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Laptop Freeze

*Thumbs Always ALWAYS uninstall the OEM bloatware.

simrick, Apr 20, 2016
  14. Jayryan29 Win User
    Ok so I have uninstalled only HP support assistant and HP framework as I couldn't find the others, but I hope this has worked! Thank you, lets hope it did work *Biggrin

Jayryan29, Apr 20, 2016
  15. Jayryan29 Win User
    It didn't work! I opened up my game ( minecraft haha ) and it froze my whole laptop 10 minutes into the game ( and no its not minecraft it happens when I'm just browsing the internet too ) what do I need to do! I uninstalled HP assistant and HP framework like you said, but I can't find the others unless i'm looking in the wrong place, please help! *Sad

Jayryan29, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Laptop Freeze

1. Laptop Freeze - Similar Threads - Laptop Freeze

2. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  3. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  4. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  6. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  7. Screen Freezing of the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Freezing of the laptop: i have a gaming laptop and sometimes my laptop suddenly stops responding, the screen is not moving and the touchpad isn't working only that moving is when i use my mouse to move cursor. so i closes my laptop and reopens it to see a blank screen with the audio in background...
  8. Screen Freezing of the laptop

Screen Freezing of the laptop: i have a gaming laptop and sometimes my laptop suddenly stops responding, the screen is not moving and the touchpad isn't working only that moving is when i use my mouse to move cursor. so i closes my laptop and reopens it to see a blank screen with the audio in background...
  9. Laptop gets freezes no matter what i'm doing even browsing..How to resolve this issue pls help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gets freezes no matter what i'm doing even browsing..How to resolve this issue pls help?: It's a new Acer Aspire 7 laptop and from the next day itself when I completed all the installation processes, I'm facing this issue completely freezes and doesn't allow me to perform any task. At first, I thought it is due to third party apps and so I deleted most of it even...
  10. Laptop gets freezes no matter what i'm doing even browsing..How to resolve this issue pls help?

Laptop gets freezes no matter what i'm doing even browsing..How to resolve this issue pls help?: It's a new Acer Aspire 7 laptop and from the next day itself when I completed all the installation processes, I'm facing this issue completely freezes and doesn't allow me to perform any task. At first, I thought it is due to third party apps and so I deleted most of it even...