Windows 10: Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners

Discus and support Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi!There seem to be a problem with the banners or advertisement with Windows spotlight lockscreen i.e. Like what you see?, Use the new Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Anonymous_HP_User, May 27, 2021.

1. Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners

Hi!There seem to be a problem with the banners or advertisement with Windows spotlight lockscreen i.e. Like what you see?, Use the new Microsoft Edge..., Earn and redeem points... since every time I click on them just so I can search for that photo, the lockscreen freezes and never responds.This always prompt me to force shut down and restart my laptop so I can go to my actual windows screen. I even tried connecting it to the internet just so it may redirect to MS Edge but to no avail.Can you help me fix this? Thank you so much for answering!

:)

Anonymous_HP_User, May 27, 2021
  2. RJDuprey Win User

Screen Saver Settings / Lock Screen Freeze

when i have tapped and held on background screen.. attempting to find and use a screen saver I see nothing. I have found personalize and the list there which has Colors etc and Lock Screen. Lock Screen was the suggested link to find the Screen Saver but
    if i click / tap it it freezes . This is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1 Laptop with 4 gig ram and a half Tera of drive. Brand New as of yesterday. It seems like a bug. I cant access Screen Saver easily at all. Not sure why Microsoft would change such a common
    feature and make it so difficult to find or how to fix this irritating bug. Can you help me ?

RJDuprey, May 27, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 27, 2021
  4. Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners

1. Laptop freezes after clicking lock screen banners - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes clicking

2. Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.: My laptop screen starts to stutter and then freeze right after. This happens even before the login page shows up and after I logged in it just starts to freeze and I couldn't do anything in my desktop. This happens after I updated my windows and brought my laptop to school. I...
  3. Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen starts stuttering and freezes after.: My laptop screen starts to stutter and then freeze right after. This happens even before the login page shows up and after I logged in it just starts to freeze and I couldn't do anything in my desktop. This happens after I updated my windows and brought my laptop to school. I...
  4. Laptop freezing on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing on the lock screen: Every time i turn my laptop on it does not get past the lockscreen without freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezing-on-the-lock-screen/a19d3e60-7204-4487-9075-bc7cbb72cd03
  5. Laptop freezing on the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing on the lock screen: Every time i turn my laptop on it does not get past the lockscreen without freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezing-on-the-lock-screen/a19d3e60-7204-4487-9075-bc7cbb72cd03
  6. Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity: Hi, this is my issue which started last two day, after I guess last windows update: After some inactivity in the laptop, when it gets to black screen, the laptop is not responding anymore, and I have to force it to shut down. Insted of pressing keys, or moving the mouse...
  7. Stuck On Windows 10 Lock Screen After clicking on search option at center of lock screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck On Windows 10 Lock Screen After clicking on search option at center of lock screen.: When I am on Windows Lock screen and click on the search option at center of Lock Screen, the laptop screen freezes and have to restart the PC to login to PC. It only happens if I click on Search bar in the middle of screen else everything works fine....
  8. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks Moved from : Apps on Windows 10 / Groove Music...
  9. song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow

song notification banner on windows 10 locks screen slideshow: Is there any way I can get the winamp song notification to play on the lock screen slideshow? I would very much appreciate if any one knows to let me know, thanks...
  10. Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing: Hi Friends, I'm a newbie looking for a really simple answer: Why does right-clicking on my Windows 10 banner (lower-left corner) do nothing, when right-clicking on my other install brings up a menu? I'm sure it's probably a simple tweak.. but I don't know where to go.....