Windows 10: Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

Discus and support Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So yeah, my laptop often freezes even when I'm not using heavy programs and the only way to fix it is to either unplug it or plug it in. My laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Renimy, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Renimy Win User

Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

So yeah, my laptop often freezes even when I'm not using heavy programs and the only way to fix it is to either unplug it or plug it in.

My laptop's a Dell G3 and it's still pretty new, 3-5 months old if I'm not mistaken, so idk why it does that.

:)

Renimy, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 21, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

Laptop freezes

The fan is running, but only during heavy loads. I'm in an air-conditioned room at 24c and my cpu package is running at 53/55c. As I said, only begins to respond only when the power is unplugged. Re-plugging does not freeze it.

Spacewalk03, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

1. Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it. - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes goes

2. My laptops cpu throttles to 0.88 ghz when plugged in and returns to normal when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops cpu throttles to 0.88 ghz when plugged in and returns to normal when unplugged: Hi, I'm wondering about why my laptops cpu gets limited to 34 percent utilization and only runs at 0.88 GHZ when on ac charge and returns to normal when unplugged. I am set to high performance mode on my battery settings in windows and my computer isn't overheating as i...
  3. My laptops cpu throttles to 0.88 ghz when plugged in and returns to normal when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptops cpu throttles to 0.88 ghz when plugged in and returns to normal when unplugged: Hi, I'm wondering about why my laptops cpu gets limited to 34 percent utilization and only runs at 0.88 GHZ when on ac charge and returns to normal when unplugged. I am set to high performance mode on my battery settings in windows and my computer isn't overheating as i...
  4. My laptops cpu throttles to 0.88 ghz when plugged in and returns to normal when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  6. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  7. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

8. Laptop freezing when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  9. Laptop freezing when unplugged

Laptop freezing when unplugged: Hello!I recenly purchased a laptop from a friend, it had two hours of working time on it so it is basically brand new, i have warranty and such but i wish to solve this without warranty because i really need my laptop at the moment.It is a HP Omen 15, ryzen 9, 16 gb ram and...
  10. Laptop freezing when unplugged

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i shut down my laptop it frezes but goes black

2. dell unplug freeze plug