Windows 10: Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

Discus and support Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a HP OMEN 15-cex series laptop. Recently I encountered a blue screen error, so I reset my Laptop, reinstalled Windows and I cleaned all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alonsofan14, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

I have a HP OMEN 15-cex series laptop.

Recently I encountered a blue screen error, so I reset my Laptop, reinstalled Windows and I cleaned all the dust inside my laptop as well.

Now the BSOD has stopped occurring but my laptop suddenly freezes ( especially while gaming, though I can hear my friend's speaking in the game) but I am able to move my cursor, switch on my keyboard backlight or caps lock. But CTRL + ALT + DEL didn't work.

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version : 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Total Physical Memory : 7.88 GB 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

Please help me in resolving this issue.

submitted by /u/Alonsofan14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alonsofan14, Nov 24, 2020

2. Laptop keyboard and mouse not working

Laptop keyboard and mouse not working even external keyboard and mouse not working

Keyboard and mouse working only BIOS Setup or automatic repair screen

when the login screen appears laptop keyboard and touch pad even external mouse and keyboard not working

please suggest me what can i do???

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

HayatData Solutions, Nov 24, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works

1. Laptop Freezes but Mouse and Keyboard Works - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezes Mouse

2. mouse and keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard freezing: sometimes my keyboard and mouse keeps freezing for a few seconds, its annoying, and sometimes when i type something it spams the key"examppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppple"can someone help me?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: I have an HP 15s EG1000TX windows 11 16gb, i511 and I have a problem i. My laptop where the keyboard and mouse keep freezing from time to time like I sometimes use it for 8hrs straight and it freezers and other times it freezes right after I turn on the system. I had it...
  4. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: I have an HP 15s EG1000TX windows 11 16gb, i511 and I have a problem i. My laptop where the keyboard and mouse keep freezing from time to time like I sometimes use it for 8hrs straight and it freezers and other times it freezes right after I turn on the system. I had it...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  6. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard freezing: I experience frequent every 30 seconds or so a lag, or rather a freeze of both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Pointer frezes, kebyoard entry stops mid-typing. Lasts for a second or three. When it relieves, it kind of sheds the buffers: mouse jumping to a point where it...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keyboard and mouse freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freeze: Hello, I've finally upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. But there is a problem. While watching YouTube my keyboard and mouse randomly freezes. Never unfreeze. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating, deleting Chrome then reinstalling. This has never happened on Windows 7....
  9. Keyboard and mouse freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse freezing: Hey all, after some advice! New system, fresh install of win 10, after bootup all is great and after about 5 minutes, both keyboard and mouse freeze? Both are still showing powered and connected. reinstalled drivers, and clean re-install later. Same problem. Anyone...
  10. keyboard and mouse FREEZED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and mouse FREEZED: Everytimes my system reboots or restart the computer, my mouse and keyboard are freeze up. The mouse and keyboard are plugged at the back of the port. I have to unplug and plug it at the front port, and then uninstall the driver, and then restart my computer. It will...