Windows 10: Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

Discus and support Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stev0, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Stev0 Win User

Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow,
    i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended
    he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him,
    his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed that one.
    installation went fine. straight through but once installed it became laggy.
    every 5 seconds it freezes for 1 second, at first i thought must be bios
    so i went to HP website updated bios to latest, then i went to AMD website
    and downloaded their gpu drivers and still same. then thought maybe the 4gb
    it already has isnt enough so i bought identical ram stick and installed it now running 8gb ram
    and still same problem, then i thought could be SATA drivers as windows installed AMD
    so i installed windows standard ahci driver and hasn't solved the issue.
    it doesn't have any viruses as SSD is brand new, i have also optimized the drive.
    i've run task manager to see if anything is amiss but i cant see anything.
    i've been at it for a week now and its starting to annoy me.
    any help would be appreciated.

thanks

System specs:
    Windows 10 home (19042)
    HP notebook 15-af153na
    CPU: AMD A6-6310 with radeon R4 graphics
    SSD: Sandisk SDSSA-240GB
    RAM: 8gb DDR3 800mhz

:)

Stev0, Jan 7, 2021
  2. PT
    pt Win User

5 seconds freezes

hey
    since the other days i was messing with the inside of the putter after i turned it on from time to time (random) i get a freeze for about 5 seconds, then all comes back to normal, i have no clue why the f@ck this is happening, but online games crash when it happens, and other games is terrible anoying, any ideas?

Ps: everything freezes, screen, sound does a 1 sec loop, numlock doesn't work, nothing

thanks

3. dhabia_a Win User
    pc freeze for a split second

every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know (it freezes the audio too)

dhabia_a, Jan 7, 2021
  4. abocha Win User

random 1 second freezes

I experience the same 1 second freezes, although I didn't go that deep into the problem.
    Just saying that you're not the only one.

abocha, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes every

2. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  3. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  4. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  5. My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer Stutters/Freezes for 0.1 second every 1 second: 2 days ago I had installed a nvidia driver update version 535.98 after that while playing games, making games in unity or watching videos my computer started to stutter for 0.1 seconds every 1 second. Thinking this was a problem of driver I have installed my old nvidia driver...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop lags/ freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds: Had to replace the HDD on my laptop and following a fresh install of windows, with no third party software or drivers installed, laptop lags/freezes for a sec after every 4/5 seconds; The same does not appear when in safe mode; Driving me nuts, any help will be appreciated....
  9. Restarting every 5 Seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting every 5 Seconds: Hey first of all sorry for my bad English it’s not my main language. I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming notebook. My Laptop made today a Update and during the Update he restarted and 5 seconds later he turned off he repeated this for a hour. Then I decided to press F2...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....