Windows 10: Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

Discus and support Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imranhanif07, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

Hello.
    I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem.

My Laptop Hardware.

Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ
    1TB HDD
    8GB RAM
    Intel Build in graphics card
    Windows 10 Home x64bit

My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more.

Things I have tried but NOT worked:

1) Recovering windows while keeping files.
    2) Installing Clean windows 10, removing all the files.

PLease Guide me what to do? should i refresh my windows, will it gonna resolve my Problem, or is it some hardware issue..

Looking For Positive feedback.

Regards,
    Imran Hanif

:)

imranhanif07, Jun 21, 2017
  2. Basith M Win User

Laptop mousepad freezes for 2-3 seconds after certain actions (like cutting, copying or typing text)

Hi Ross,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

In this scenario, I suggest you to try installing the Mouse Pad drivers/software in compatibility mode and check if it works for you. This issue might have caused due to any driver/software compatibility issues.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article to install the driver/software in compatibility mode. The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Laptop mousepad freezes for 2-3 seconds after certain actions (like cutting, copying or typing text)

Hi Joy, thanks for the response.

Sadly, the troubleshooting piece didn't work. Also I tried the driver update too - the drivers are all up to date according to all the tools I've used.

So I'm still stuck, I'm afraid!

RossMSforum, Jun 21, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

Open Windows Settings
    In the search box, type and open, Troubleshoot

I would try a bunch of those in there, such as:
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    • Video Playback

...yet I would try most of them, if not all of them

Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds. [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 22, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    When you performed the clean install did you have the hangs before updating windows and before installing drivers?
    Or did the hangs develop after updating windows?
    Or did the hangs develop after installing new drivers?
    Or did the hangs develop after updating windows and installing new drivers?

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

Evaluate the performance of your computer in clean boot: Are the boots faster, slower or the same. Are shutdowns faster, slower or the same? Are hangs more frequent, less frequent, or the same?

This is a link that we use to collect logs to troubleshoot for bsod:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Even if you did not have bsod the log collector (event log, msinfo32 etc) may provide useful information to troubleshoot your hangs.

zbook, Jun 22, 2017
  6. Thank you for the response guys.Well, After I performed the clean window install... I haven't updated the windows nor installed any additional drivers. Hanging issued was developed a week earlier and I have performed windows installation twice since then to get rid of the problem as I mentioned in the earlier post.
    Here are the answer of question you asked.
    1) Microsoft Windows Version 1607 (OS 14393.0)Windows 10 HomeHere are the test results:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.14393.0Image Version: 10.0.14393.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is OS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 576768 file records processed.File verification completed. 75049 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 678354 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 50794 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 36809176 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 450516991 KB total disk space. 28362700 KB in 160190 files. 172600 KB in 50795 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 719583 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 421262108 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 112629247 total allocation units on disk. 105315527 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>=========================================================================== ===========

Well,I haven't notice any difference in the boot time or shutdown time after the evaluation.

The freezing problem is still the same, I have also noticed one more thing that when freezing happens while watching the video not only video freezes but also make a buzzing sound until the laptop comes back from the freezing mode.

I have read somewhere that frequent freezing problem is due to hard disk or hard disk is dying something like that.

I have also attached the bsod log collector results. I am very New to this form so don't know much about it.

Again, appreciate your help and looking forward to your reply.

Best,
    Imran

imranhanif07, Jun 22, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    You know what, after reading specific sections in your last post, that brought back a memory that I actually experienced a very similar thing before.
    1) "...but also make a buzzing sound until the laptop comes back from the freezing mode"
    2) "...frequent freezing problem is due to hard disk or hard disk is dying..."

I have experienced this exact scenario in the long ago. My hard disk drive made some noise for a few seconds, and when that happened, everything on the computer froze for those few seconds.

There is a high likeliness that this could be your hard disk drive. But just to double check, you have a hard disk drive in the laptop, and not a solid state drive, yea? (I just saw you wrote HDD in your post above, so ignore this question).

But see if you can find some free app online that sees the hard drive's life, its performance, etc..

pepanee, Jun 22, 2017
  8. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

Well, found an app to check hard drive. Check screenshot for the results. Everything seems fine with the HDD though. *Confused

imranhanif07, Jun 22, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Try out a few other apps, see if they all say similar things. The apps may be just saying all that, who knows.

But first since you said that there is a sound that happens, then it could be the hard drive. As a matter of fact, is the sound kinda like the hard drive spinning up; it starts out low and slow, and gets louder and feels like you can hear the disks starting to spin faster? Put your hand on the laptop when that happens next time. Do you feel it starting slow and then getting faster and stronger?

pepanee, Jun 22, 2017
  10. 51sandman Win User
    When it freezes what do you do to remedy the issue. Shut down by pushing power button and then it reboots? I would also check the reliability logs to see if that leads you to specific issue. Also the other System logs for issues there. I do not let my solid state drive's go into hibernation which will sometimes cause Edge to freeze up in my case. It could also be you have too many programs running in background or a program is using up a lot of memory. Hope you get it figured out.

51sandman, Jun 22, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Hi, have you recently upgraded to the Creator's build- which version of Windows have you clean installed?
    (zbook asked you to run winver and post the build number)

If so, did you notice any freezes before updating?

However
    10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393 and your hotfix list
    [01]: KB3176936
    [02]: KB3199209
    [03]: KB3199986
    [04]: KB3211320
    [05]: KB4013418
    [06]: KB4022632
    [07]: KB4023834
    seems to indicate you are using the Anniversary build 1607.

From your process list I notice
    TrustedInstaller.exe C:\WINDOWS\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe 5448
    TiWorker.exe C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-servicingstack_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.14393.82_none_5be7b69702339d1d\TiWorker.exe -Embedding

- which suggests an update is being installed.

Please post a screenshot of your task manager when your PC is nominally idle, making sure any columns with significant activity are organised high to low.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon.

When does your PC typically freeze?You mention watching videos- only then?
    Was your PC running ok until recently? (Have you had it a while or just acquired it?)

So you notice any freezing before you install programs such as Chrome or Avast?

In particular
    Why are you running Tabtip.exe?

TabTip.exe Windows process - What is it?

dalchina, Jun 22, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Code: Miniport Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, {A1274935-69E6-428B-8C57-E067DF9D3F8B}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power[/quote] Code: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?07?-?16T07:27:16.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote]

1) perform windows updates and report into the thread any failed KB# with error code
    2) if windows update fails open the control panel and run the windows update troubleshooter
    3) also run the windows store troubleshooter
    For each troubleshooter click advanced and make sure automatic repair is checked.
    For each troubleshooter view detailed information: for anything that was fixed or not fixed please post an image into the thread.

4) create a restore point
    5) open the dell web site, enter your computers product or serial number and choose the operating system to view all available drivers.
    5) reinstall the intel graphics driver (Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys (20.19.15.4531, 7.61 MB (7,974,896 bytes), 2/24/2017 7:07 PM)) or look for an updated driver
    6) reboot and check performance

Sometimes the term "clean install" is used for many things.
    Did you deleted all partitions on the drive?
    Did you format the drive?
    Did you make the drive unallocated?
    If not what steps did make for the clean install?

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

1. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds. - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezes Every

2. Online games freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online games freezes every few seconds: So this issue came when i installed new modem router archer vr400. Problem is that internet works well on other devices and on my computer as well Its not perfect but it lags much less than in online games. Its just the online games that keep freezing over and over to the...
  3. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  4. Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hitman 3 Steam freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds.: I'm having trouble running Hitman 3. It will load up correctly, but once I'm playing, it will start freezing for a few seconds every 20-30 seconds. This started happening out of the blue, a week or 2 after their most recent update. I didn't change anything in my PC before it...
  5. Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds: Hello Everyone, My computer freezes for 2-3 seconds from time to time, then it goes on working normally. This is quite annoying. The computer is just a few days old! Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance. 161752
  6. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  7. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  8. SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD freezes every now and then for a few seconds: Ever since I finished building my PC in early October, I quickly encountered the issue that my image and, most of the time, my sound too, freezes for a couple of seconds, then everything works as usual again. I researched that issue since it first happened and tried every...
  9. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc
  10. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...