Windows 10: Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

Discus and support Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by straubalexander, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the laptop freezes and I can't do anything. After a minute, the freezing stops and everything is fine. The freezing only happens once and only every time I boot it up.

Help would be great!

Thank you! Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep :)

Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.535

:)

straubalexander, Jan 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jan 16, 2020
  3. WellSuper Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes if I leave it for 20 minutes

I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled them all. Everything is set to NEVER shut off. But the freezing still happens if I walk away. Otherwise, no freezes.

So, what could be causing this freeze? Any idea?

WellSuper, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

1. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes minute

2. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  3. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.: Windows freezes after 2-3 mins whether or not I use it. Installed a fresh copy of windows with factory rest still the same issue persist. I need my pc for work, would appreciate your help greatly....
  4. Laptop Freezes after 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Freezing on bootup

Freezing on bootup: I turn my computer off at night and when I turn it on the next day, it freezes and I have to hit the reset button. Then it boots up okay, but it never does after a normal shutdown. This started right after I switched to Windows 10 from 7. What are possible causes?...
  6. Random freezes + bootup issues after

Random freezes + bootup issues after: Dear friends, I'm new to this forum and would like to seek help to my problem. Been experiencing random freezes, sometimes with a blue screen, sometimes green, sometimes pink even and many times just running lines on the edge of the screen when freezing. I'm not running any...
  7. Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup: Every time I start my computer, it just freezes a few minutes later. Anyone have any idea of what I could do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-on-freezing-a-few-minutes-after/fb76aaba-d92e-49c9-8d47-130100caaa40
  8. laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting

laptop freezes about 1 minute after booting: Hi, i have a samsung series 9 laptop and it has windows 10. I started getting this problem today. When i boot my laptop, i can log in and open browser and do all the usual things i can until about 1 minute after booting. It just freezes and i can't click or type anything....
  9. System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes.

System Freezing from fresh Boot or Sleep after a several minutes.: HI Guys This is a weird one i have been monitoring for several weeks to try and find a pattern. After startup (fresh) or from sleep by Pc works fine for a several minutes or hours then just freezes!! I thought it was the sleep issue but now i notice it does it from a fresh...
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....: Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution....