Windows 10: Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.

Discus and support Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop freezes every few minutes. Nothing except a hard reset gets it going again. Gigabyte Sabre i7. Still under warranty, returned twice to Loot for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AltaSwanepoel, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.

Laptop freezes every few minutes. Nothing except a hard reset gets it going again. Gigabyte Sabre i7. Still under warranty, returned twice to Loot for repairs. They insist it is working properly. 7 hard resets in the last 4 hours of use. Can you assist?

:)

AltaSwanepoel, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

3. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates
    pressing the power button to shut down prior to switching back on.

The following "Problem Signature" information is no help to me. Can anyone assist please or is it something that necessitates returning the laptop to the manufacturer Acer?

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 124

Parameter 1: 7

Parameter 2: ffff9f8acbb83028

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_17134

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 2057

GordonTate, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.

Hibernate Requires Hard-Restart (power supply reset)

after you try Bro 67 suggestion

could you please confirm you have the most recent BIOS

that unless you changed BIOS settings for a reason could you reload defaults.

Could you reset power plan to defaults.

You have a string of these errors in power report.

Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset. [​IMG]

When this occurs, are any errors being reported in Event Viewer?

Along that subject what is reliability history reporting in the way of errors?

Caledon Ken, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.

1. Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset. - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes apparent

2. Multiple LiveKernelEvents freezes my pc to the point only hard-resetting it is the way to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple LiveKernelEvents freezes my pc to the point only hard-resetting it is the way to...: Hello, as the title says for the past couple months my computer has randomly experienced this freeze and then a black screen with no displayable text or image at all where nothing can be done but holding the power button. The computer is a 2022 MSI Raider GE76 Laptop with an...
  3. Multiple LiveKernelEvents freezes my pc to the point only hard-resetting it is the way to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple LiveKernelEvents freezes my pc to the point only hard-resetting it is the way to...: Hello, as the title says for the past couple months my computer has randomly experienced this freeze and then a black screen with no displayable text or image at all where nothing can be done but holding the power button. The computer is a 2022 MSI Raider GE76 Laptop with an...
  4. Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason: I am going to start by saying I tried everything I could find on this online. But basically here is what happens:1. Computer works fine2. I can use the HDD that has issues generally for a while copy files to and from, etc. Work pretty fast3. Out of the blue during file...
  5. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing...
  6. Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible: Hey there, thanks for your support. On my server there's an issue popping upevery few days. It just freezes and isn't responding in any way. The only way of fixing is by hard-restating it. SERVER-(2020-09-27_14-26-35).zip Win-Version: 19041.508 Could you please help me?...
  7. Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezed, only hard-restart possible: Hey there, thanks for your support. On my server there's an issue popping upevery few days. It just freezes and isn't responding in any way. The only way of fixing is by hard-restating it. SERVER-(2020-09-27_14-26-35).zip Win-Version: 19041.508 Could you please help me?...
  8. Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?

Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My hardware: i5 4670k á 4,4ghz (has been running so stable for years) Asus Strix GTX 1060 MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard 16GB G.Skill DDR3 Ram The games will have a still image after a short time and then switch...
  9. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...
  10. Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.

Screen Freezes for no apparent reason.: I am experiencing freezing of my Windows 10 laptop for no apparent reason when in the middle of, say, viewing a website. When this occurs the mouse or touchpad nor anything on the keyboard will function. To get the laptop, which is new, running again necessitates pressing...