Windows 10: Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

Discus and support Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop used to run fine on 1808 but since I've updated to 20H2, it freezes a lot, everything stops responding, and when i have to force shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rohan27d, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

My laptop used to run fine on 1808 but since I've updated to 20H2, it freezes a lot, everything stops responding, and when i have to force shut it down, it takes atleast 10 minutes to boot up, this has never happened before, just after the update, and I have ab HDD but as I said, it never used to do this

And 10 minutes is a lot, i dont think its because of the HDD

And moreover, i cant downgrade to 1909/2004, the media creation tool tells me to download the 20h2 again, I'll see if i can rollback to my previous version

If someone can help me that would be great

Should i install 20h2 again?

Thank you

submitted by /u/rohan27d
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rohan27d, Feb 27, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 27, 2021
  3. Farvatten Win User
    20h2 update freezes at 100%

At which step does it freeze?

I'm on a low bandwidth ISP and have been seeing my 'Downloading...' step SAY 100% but clearly there's still some serious network traffic down that continues for another 15 minutes. It helps to know it's really not stuck, and this Download 100% message is premature.

Check Performance Monitor if it is the Download step.

Farvatten, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

Laptop freezes frequently

It happened nearly a month ago after updating from 1909 to 2004 update that i noticed that my laptop (ASUS FX505DT) freezes frequently. Nothing seems to work in that state, ctrl+alt+del doesnt work neither any combinations. I waited for an hour but it
    was still in that state. The only way i could escape was to hold power button of my laptop and then start it again. At one time it happened nearly everyday. After regularly updating drivers, the frequency seems to have decreased but iam still worried.

Solo Player, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update

1. Laptop freezes frequently after 20h2 update - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes frequently

2. Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version: Hi,Using Windows 10 64-bit Professional. For a while, my computer has been unable to install the Windows feature pack 20H2. I was able to get it to install once, but immediately after that I was getting crashes 1-2 minutes into login. I tried re-installing a fresh copy of...
  3. Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes on login after updating past 20H2 version: Hi,Using Windows 10 64-bit Professional. For a while, my computer has been unable to install the Windows feature pack 20H2. I was able to get it to install once, but immediately after that I was getting crashes 1-2 minutes into login. I tried re-installing a fresh copy of...
  4. Windows 10 freezing frequently after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 freezing frequently after update: I updated my laptop a week ago, and ever since it's been freezing often, after I updated it freezed once, and then the following day it freezed again, and today it froze 2 times in 4 hours. Is it the disk? I've been getting 100% disk usage so that's currently what I think the...
  5. Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just the screen freezing after the 20H2 update: So my screen freezes occasionally, but its just the screen and nothing else. The sound works just fine, and everything on the background runs while the screen is frozen. I can also just press the power button once to quickly enter the log in screen and come back, which...
  6. Laptop freezes frequently!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezes frequently!: Hello redditors I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 (purchased in June 2017) - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed that after extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would...
  7. Laptop freezes frequently

Laptop freezes frequently: It happened nearly a month ago after updating from 1909 to 2004 update that i noticed that my laptop ASUS FX505DT freezes frequently. Nothing seems to work in that state, ctrl+alt+del doesnt work neither any combinations. I waited for an hour but it was still in that state....
  8. Frequent freezes on laptop

Frequent freezes on laptop: Good evening. I hope someone can help. I have an M15X laptop and it has frequent freezing episodes a few minutes after boot. No blue screen, just total unresponsive freeze requiring hard shut down. It is not overclocked or modded. I have saved complete error logs but i...
  9. Frequent laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Frequent laptop freeze: Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my...
  10. Laptop frequent freeze

Laptop frequent freeze: Hi! My windows suddenly started lagging, freezing, and apps crashed randomly. It even takes longer to boot and open an app, even file explorer takes a whole ten minutes to load. When I checked the task manager, the system and/or antimalware service executable is using my...