Windows 10: Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

Discus and support Laptop freezes on/switches itself off? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Formerly about once a month, today it happened to me 3 times! Sometimes it freezes completely and has to be switched off by pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terry6170, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Terry6170 Win User

Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

Laptop freezes on/switches itself off? 0_big.png

Formerly about once a month, today it happened to me 3 times! Sometimes it freezes completely and has to be switched off by pressing the power button for a long time, or it suddenly turns off out of nowhere. What's interesting is that just before switching off, it didn't show any programs or icons in the taskbar at the bottom, but only date and time and the search bar, which is actually always hidden. It's also not overheated and I have significantly less programs and tabs open than before...

:)

Terry6170, Jun 6, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 6, 2020
  3. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezes on/switches itself off?

1. Laptop freezes on/switches itself off? - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes switches

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  4. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  5. My laptop turns off by itself.

My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  6. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  7. inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off

inbuilt webcam switching itself on and off - LED flashing and switching itself off: Hi,Could anybody help with the issue desribed in the subject. When opened, Windows Camera app has black screen and the LED is pulsating faintly. The issue also affects face recognition where I get a message "something went wrong".Thank you in advance,Kasia...
  8. My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop microphone is constantly switching itself on and off, depending on the balance of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrshapestone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiclde/my_laptop_microphone_is_constantly_switching/
  9. Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop locked itself. Not switching back on.: Hi! My laptop switched itself off or went into sleeping mode and its not turning back on! The screen is just black. I tried pressing and holding the On switch but nothing. The last thing i was doing was listening to music and converting a MKV video to MP4. It was only in use...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...