Windows 10: Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

Discus and support Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello MS Community I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 purchased in June 2017 - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SunreetaBhattacharya, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

Hello MS Community

I've been facing a freezing issue on my Dell Inspiron 5567 purchased in June 2017 - Windows 10. It started about a month ago in August 2020 when I noticed thatafter extended idle periods the display would be totally unresponsive, although music would continue playing and animations would also be running. Theproblem only aggravated as the freezes began occurring while I was active on the PC.

I've checked past forum posts and tried a few fixes: I removed SysMain I read that it preloads some things and occupies memory, and is not necessary,updated all drivers through Windows and run an ePSA troubleshoot without any errors thrown.

I called up Dell Tech Support, and from answers online, reinstalling Windows 10 is the next step. However that doesn't always solve this issue which many people have been facing.

I would appreciate any help on this front. Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Sunreeta.

:)

SunreetaBhattacharya, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot!

1. Laptop freezes out of the blue, have to force shutdown and reboot! - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes blue

2. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot: Mini dump files can be found here: 081223-10828-01.zipLaptop specs can be found here: laptop specs.zipRecently got a replacement laptop same make/model as old one. Took SSD from old laptop and installed in new one actually a refurbished laptop, and booted up. All was well...
  3. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot: Mini dump files can be found here: 081223-10828-01.zipLaptop specs can be found here: laptop specs.zipRecently got a replacement laptop same make/model as old one. Took SSD from old laptop and installed in new one actually a refurbished laptop, and booted up. All was well...
  4. Laptop Freeze, need to shutdown and reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  6. windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 freeze randomly, have to force shutdown and power on again: When I use my PC for work, usually have Microsoft Edge with 20-30 tabs5-10 active tabs and Word, my PC randomly freezes. The keyboard and mouse are not responsive and Ctrl-Alt-delete or ESC are not working, the screen froze at the last thing on the screen.No black screen, no...
  7. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  8. Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown

Laptop keeps freezing, only solution is to force shutdown: Recently purchased a basic laptop on ebay, its a hypa 14 with Windows 10 home, a pentium cpu, 4gb of memory and 64gb emmc storage. The issue I've been having is the laptop freezes constantly where the only solution is to hold down the power button to shut down the machine....
  9. Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and not responding, having to force shutdown: From yesterday, my laptop has been freezing at any random moment and I am having to force the laptop to shut down by pressing the power button. Whenever this happens I have noticed that the light on the laptop that shows disk activity goes completely off. (I have attached an...
  10. Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes and has to be forced shut down and rebooted.: Hello, I have had this problem since day one with windows 10 and its about to force me back to windows 7. Random times when working on my laptop it will just freeze. If there is something playing be it music or youtube it will make a god awful noise through the speakers....