Windows 10: Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please!

Discus and support Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Before I begin, I must point out I'm not tech savvy and that will become apparent in the post. I have the must frustrating issue with mt acer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paulieb, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Paulieb Win User

Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please!

Hi,

Before I begin, I must point out I'm not tech savvy and that will become apparent in the post.

I have the must frustrating issue with mt acer laptop. Randomly, and for no apparent reason it keeps freezing. The only way out is to power off then on again. It might not happen for a few days but sometimes more than once a day. The thing is a 'black box' flashed up on screen a few times but was gone before I had chance to read it. I presume this was some sort of error/fault report? I've never been able to access anything which tells me what the issue is. I have the inbuilt antivirus turned off and AVG free unstalled. I also have Malwarebytes and spybot (both free) Rather than an issue with software, when the 'black box' I mentioned popped up I think it said there was a hardware issue but I'm not 100% certain.

I unplugged all peripherals just in case that was the problem but to no avail. I was listening music the other day and had not touched anything on the laptop when it froze.

It's really starting to grate so if anyone has any suggestions what the issue may be, how I can find out via the system or, better still, rectify it, then I'd be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:)

Paulieb, Mar 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Mar 31, 2019
  4. HiKhris Win User

LAPTOP FREEZES RANDOMLY

Hello Community,

As my title says, my laptop freezes randomly.

I have tried so many ways, but didn't go well.

The laptop freezes randomly, I can't do anything about it except force it to shut down by long pressing the power button.

Can't put it to sleep, can't use the crtl+alt+del, nothing.

Could it be a hardware problem?

Very frustrated with it freezing up on me randomly, and I believe it hurts the computer too with force shut down,

please help!

Thank you!

HiKhris, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Freezes Randomly. Help Please! - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezes Randomly

2. Random Frequent BSOD Please Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Frequent BSOD Please Help: Hi, I need help with my problem. My Windows goes BSOD so frequently. I don't know what triggers it. It just happens randomly when I leave my PC on (usually while streaming / downloading), playing games, or even when I'm doing work on my PC. Here's some information:...
  3. Lenovo Ideacentre - AIO 310 Freezes randomly! Please, HELP!

Lenovo Ideacentre - AIO 310 Freezes randomly! Please, HELP!: Hey! What's up? So, I bought my Lenovo AIO 310 back in June 2018 and it's awesome, I love it! I use it to record my music, Netflix, FBook and whatnot. The youzh. I don't have much software on it, just Cubase, SampleTank 3, etc. I updated Windows 10 back in July, and...
  4. Please Please Please help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Please Please help: Please help, I have purchased Windows 10 Enterprise code from Snapdeal.com. They have given me link to windows and a key to activate windows. When I download and installed their windows I found that windows has errors while updating. Error in installing update 1803. I...
  5. Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes': I have a strange problem with my laptop, in that whenever I leave it alone for a given length of time, (about 5-6 minutes) the laptop then suddenly does not respond to any future inputs. The screen remains exactly as it was at the time of the freeze, and nothing causes it to...
  6. Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly freezes, no bootable device: Hi All, my laptop has been experiencing random freezes recently, they can occur at anytime, from idling to the middle of gaming I first lose the sound, then most of my programs will stop responding (windows is still running and I can still move my mouse though) until...
  7. Asus Laptop freezes randomly

Asus Laptop freezes randomly: My Asus Laptop X540L randomly freezes to the point where I cannot do anything ...cursor does not respond nor does any key on the keyboard with the only solution is to do a hard power off and then start up again. I have tried so many things that I don't know what else to do. I...
  8. Laptop has random crashes and first BSOD (Orange Screen) - Please Help

Laptop has random crashes and first BSOD (Orange Screen) - Please Help: Hi guys, I recently (within the last 4 months) purchased a gaming laptop. Seeing as the MSI brand was getting a lot of good reviews, I searched and found one of there laptops to fit my needs perfectly. The MSI Ghost Pro - 002 looked like a fast and lightweight laptop. The...
  9. Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly: I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very long time for my toolbar, desktop icons and shortcuts to load up. Even after its all loaded up when i click on something or...
  10. Random Restarts Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts Help Please: Hi there everyone, The past 3 days when i've been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X and i've been away from my computer for a while i;ve noticed when i return that everything has closed and i'm back to the dekstop after a restart. It seems my computer randomly reboots...