Windows 10: Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD

Discus and support Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM that happens several times a day. It randomly freezes with screen artifacts and if I'm watching a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stallix, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Stallix Win User

Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD

Hi,

I have a problem with Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IGM that happens several times a day. It randomly freezes with screen artifacts and if I'm watching a video than I have a buzzing sound. When it happens my Touchpad and keybord dont work. Only reboot helps. Sometimes after freez i have a BSoD with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I watched in log and saw that it caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

I tried to install drivers by different ways but it uselessly. Also I checked my HDD by Victoria and RAM by Memtest86 and it didn't show me errors. I reinstallled Windows many times too. Also I disabled verifier.exe and it didnt help.

What's more, this error will definitely happen if I use Zoom. Also, I have used WinPE for 2-3 days and then I have no freezes.

What else can I do with that? I bought my laptop a year ago and changed only matrix.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Stallix, Sep 7, 2020
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD

Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

Since yesterday, my laptop seems to be malfunctioning. While playing games like Battlefield4 and Overwatch, after some time I get artifacts and my screen freezes(game keeps running and windows is still active, can still hear notifications and game sounds).
    After this I can exit the game through task manager and relaunch the game, untill all this happens again.

During this recurring problem, I also got the occasional BSOD: INTERNAL_VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR

This problem seemed to start out of nowhere. It also seems not to be temperature related(GPU reaches only 65C and CPU 75C).

Things I have tried but didn't work:

-Reinstalling gpu driver.

-Installing older gpu driver.

Things I have tried that seemed to work:

-Set TDRdelay to 8 in registry.

The last thing seemed to work for a while, untill again while playing Overwatch, I saw artifacts, the screen froze and got a BSOD with the message THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Here is a link to the last 3 DMP files, MSinfo and speccy:

DMP,MSinfo,Specs.zip

stijnkramer, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD

1. Laptop freezes randomly with screen artifacts BSoD - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes randomly

2. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  3. Artifacts on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Artifacts on Screen: Hello, the other day I was downloading applications when suddenly artifacts started appearing in the taskbar and windows. They also appeared a lot in thumbnails, YouTube videos, and games. These artifacts are usually vertical rectangles in black, purple, and gray colors. They...
  4. Random Blue screen crash with artifacting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue screen crash with artifacting: Hello, so I have been having an issue where my PC will blue screen pretty randomly, but when it does and it shows the blue screen its got a bunch of artifacting and ghosting to where i cant read anything the blue screen says and I cant scan the QR code it gives and stuff. the...
  5. Random Blue screen crash with artifacting

Random Blue screen crash with artifacting: Hello, so I have been having an issue where my PC will blue screen pretty randomly, but when it does and it shows the blue screen its got a bunch of artifacting and ghosting to where i cant read anything the blue screen says and I cant scan the QR code it gives and stuff. the...
  6. screen artifacts and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen artifacts and freezing: hello my name is likhith, im recently getting these weird artifacts on screen while using my pc i didnt turned my pc for 15 days after that im facing this issue. I tried every possible solution on my pc likesolution i tried* updating my drivers* rollbacking updates* working...
  7. screen artifacts and freezing

screen artifacts and freezing: hello my name is likhith, im recently getting these weird artifacts on screen while using my pc i didnt turned my pc for 15 days after that im facing this issue. I tried every possible solution on my pc likesolution i tried* updating my drivers* rollbacking updates* working...
  8. BSOD errors and screen artifacts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD errors and screen artifacts: A couple of days ago I started having BSOD errors, after that, I formatted my computer, I even had one while reinstalling windows which is weird because if the cause of the problem was a driver or software, well there wasn't one at the moment. So I ran the memory diagnosis...
  9. BSOD after artifacts appearing in the screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after artifacts appearing in the screen: Hello, Whenever I do something graphically intensive like playing games and even sometimes watching videos some random markers and lines appear on the screen and BSOD happens after it. Sometimes artifacts appear during desktop and then screen becomes black for few seconds...
  10. Random BSOD and screen freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD and screen freeze: Hello everyone, how are you all doing? So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7.... It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen...