Windows 10: Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it.

Discus and support Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. I've had this problem for months. Since I'm a very patient, unannoyed person I just let it roll--but now it's getting unbearable. Being in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by professionalkitty, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it.

Hi guys. I've had this problem for months. Since I'm a very patient, unannoyed person I just let it roll--but now it's getting unbearable. Being in middle of something and then randomly freezing and me having to find the cord or something has grown pretty bad. Especially when it starts increasing in frequency.

It happens every few minutes. Sometimes, however, it doesn't happen at all while it's on which is very peculiar.

My laptop is pretty decent despite abuse, and this is definitely the one issue.

Oh. And weirdly Dell power manager pops up and says the AC cord isn't the best one for the device, to plug it in more or get a 130w charger. Thing is, this is the right one. Isn't even a knock-off so I dunno what's going on.

:)

professionalkitty, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Yumei.go Win User

Shut down issue when plugging in the AC adapter

Hi,

I have here an issue with my laptop. When I plug in/out the ac adapter, the laptop's screen will black out or shut down at all. When trying to turn it on, it will show RESTARTING WINDOWS. Any suggestions or idea for this issue?

Thank you.

Yumei.go, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Lenova G400s laptop-Plugged in and not Charging- Issues reg.

I have a Lenova G400s Laptop. While charging my laptop shown "Plugged in and not Charging" I gone through the web and I tried the following steps i found in net

Please try below steps and check if it helps.

• Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Remove battery.
    • Connect AC Adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of
      Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and select
      Uninstall.
    • Shutdown.
    • Disconnect AC adapter.
    • Insert battery.
    • Connect AC adapter.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • still the problem not solve, it shows "plugged in and not Charging".. Pl guide me to solve the issues

BalusamyArumugam, Sep 18, 2018
  4. R-T-B Win User

Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it.

Laptop adapter died

As a fun fact, some laptop adapters do interchange (old IBM Thinkpad adapters are actually a cheap and popular replacement for some Panasonic toughbooks because the specs are identical), but you should NEVER assume they do simply because of a physical fit!

Most laptops list the voltage and current on the bottom panel or by the plug. All adapters should as well if they are UL listed. Check both and don't plug it in unless they match! Even then, the best bet is ALWAYS the original adapter.

So yeah, hope you didn't do more damage than just the AC adapter is all I can say.

R-T-B, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it.

1. Laptop freezes sometime, plugging in (or out) AC adapter only thing that unfreezes it. - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes sometime

2. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: My Dell laptop is getting BSOD when it is plugged in mostly while watching NetflixI already updated BIOS drives, uninstalled-reinstalled battery in Device Manager, scanned for memory checks, removed and re-insterted battery, nothing helped.Windbg says source of problem is...
  3. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: My Dell laptop is getting BSOD when it is plugged in mostly while watching NetflixI already updated BIOS drives, uninstalled-reinstalled battery in Device Manager, scanned for memory checks, removed and re-insterted battery, nothing helped.Windbg says source of problem is...
  4. plugging off ac adapters

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    plugging off ac adapters: My laptop doesn't have a battery, so the adapter needs to be plugged in to work. If I shut down the laptop to go to bed, can I plug off the adapter so it doesn't wear out from prolonged use, and will it corrupt anything?...
  5. plugging off ac adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    plugging off ac adapters: My laptop doesn't have a battery, so the adapter needs to be plugged in to work. If I shut down the laptop to go to bed, can I plug off the adapter so it doesn't wear out from prolonged use, and will it corrupt anything?...
  6. plugging off ac adapters

7. BSOD and Freezes whenever I plug my AC adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Freezes whenever I plug my AC adapter: Greetings!I am having the issue of BSOD and laptop freezing every Time I plug in my AC adapter, AC adapter is of 150W.My machine is HP pavilion 15 AMD Ryzen 7 4800 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. I have tried everything, from driver update to clean window installation with it...
  8. BSOD and Freezes whenever I plug my AC adapter

BSOD and Freezes whenever I plug my AC adapter: Greetings!I am having the issue of BSOD and laptop freezing every Time I plug in my AC adapter, AC adapter is of 150W.My machine is HP pavilion 15 AMD Ryzen 7 4800 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. I have tried everything, from driver update to clean window installation with it...
  9. BSOD and Freezes whenever I plug my AC adapter

10. BSOD after plugging in AC adapter

BSOD after plugging in AC adapter: Hi, recently my laptop always get to BSOD after I plug in the AC Adapter. The information on the BSOD screen said stopcode: DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER. I have updated my Windows to the last update available. Please help me solve this problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop freezes with power adapter but not with battery