Windows 10: Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s...

Discus and support Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/al3xandurrrrr [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/al3xandurrrrr, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s...

/u/al3xandurrrrr, Feb 4, 2021
  2. MOHara87 Win User

Dell Running Windows 10 Intermittently Freezing-Unfreezing

Hey all,

I’ve searched this forum & have spent endless hours on Google, but have yet to find anyone with this same problem.

I have a...

Dell Inspiron 5000 Series

System Model: Inspiron 5565

System Type: 64 bit

that is running...

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18363 (Build 18363)

While using this laptop, the whole thing will freeze/lock-up - I’m unable to move the mouse, if I’m typing, the cursor will freeze, ads on pages will freeze...everything comes to a stop. About 45 seconds later, everything will unfreeze/unlock and I’m good
    to go again. But 15-45 minutes later, it happens again. This is a reoccurring issue. I’m a full-time online student & this is REALLY starting to drive me bonkers!

If it’s needed, I can try to post a list of what troubleshooting methods I’ve tried so far. I’ve tried so many things & most would be difficult for me to recall. Mostly on account of those methods being different things I found online & were not pulled from
    existing knowledge &/or skillset. But I can sure try to put together a list if it would help!

I’m hoping this is a familiar issue to someone out there. Any help or advice would be unmeasurably appreciated. My sanity is at stake here!

MOHara87, Feb 4, 2021
  3. LexGrant Win User
    Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Feb 4, 2021
  4. haan Win User

Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s...

Windows 10 Manual Updates Management

I have just installed windows 10. When windows 10 is updating (and only when its updating) there is a chance the system will randomly hang/freeze.

This is very annoying and happens often but, only when updating.

In an attempt to avoid this problem, I have decided to manually download and install updates.

To do so, I have to do the following.

1. Disable Windows 10 automatic updates.
    2. While windows 10 updates are disabled find and list all the required updates (preferable with a dependency tree of some kind)
    3. Download the required updates manually.
    4. Install the required updates manually.

I was able to figure out the steps (1) and (3) (and I'm guessing step (4) is a simple execution)

How should I go about achieving step (2)?

haan, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s...

1. Laptop Freezes/Unfreezes every second - I tried to update my drive manually, and now it’s... - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezes Unfreezes

2. Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.: I need help with my Laptop/PC, its a Dell Precision 5540 if that helps, but anyways I recently been experiencing a problem where whenever I play online games it freezes mid game for like a second or two and then its goes back to normal. I first started experiencing this...
  3. Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.: I need help with my Laptop/PC, its a Dell Precision 5540 if that helps, but anyways I recently been experiencing a problem where whenever I play online games it freezes mid game for like a second or two and then its goes back to normal. I first started experiencing this...
  4. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  5. Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.

Hi, my mouse cursor is freezing every second and then unfreezing.: The freezing isnt random its happening every 1 second, its doing it on games, programs desktop etc. i have tried sfc scans dcim scans, both came up clear.i have tried updating mouse drivers and still not working and tried changing display drivers and still not working. The...
  6. PC freezes every 4 seconds and unfreezes in 1 second after hard drive replacement

PC freezes every 4 seconds and unfreezes in 1 second after hard drive replacement: I will share more details if neededSome details:Playing ROBLOX in full screen seems to fix this problem but the cursor is still affectedThe problem occurs when login screen appears and continues to do soAudio continues to play while pc freezes and does not...
  7. PC freezes every 4 seconds and unfreezes in 1 second after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes every 4 seconds and unfreezes in 1 second after hard drive replacement: I will share more details if neededSome details:Playing ROBLOX in full screen seems to fix this problem but the cursor is still affectedThe problem occurs when login screen appears and continues to do soAudio continues to play while pc freezes and does not...
  8. PC freezes every 4 seconds and unfreezes in 1 second after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....
  10. Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze: Hello! Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD....