Windows 10: Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged

Discus and support Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a pretty old computer while my other one is at the repair shop, but have stumbled upon a very strange issue. The laptop freezes up pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chbjoe, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Chbjoe Win User

Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged

I'm using a pretty old computer while my other one is at the repair shop, but have stumbled upon a very strange issue.

The laptop freezes up pretty regularly but every time I then plug either a USB stick/mouse/anything else or a 3.5 audio cable into the computer it unfreezes for a couple of seconds continues loading or working before freezing up again. This makes it pretty annoying using it (even if it's old) to have to plug and unplug to make it load.

And example is I'm browsing in Firefox or Chrome and it freezes and Chrome displays "Waiting for cache" before unfreezing and loading the page a couple of minutes later. It can even be as simple as using the computer in general and it suddenly freezes for a couple of minutes. It's like the whole computer just stops until you plug something into it.

I thought I would ask here as I'm curious of what the problem could be.

It's an old low RAM Dell laptop but I've never had this issue when using it before when needed.

:)

Chbjoe, Nov 19, 2018
  2. btc1---01 Win User

USB cable will not plug into my 6555.

The USB cable that came with my 6555 will Not plug into the phone. It seems to be slightly too big. The Nokia Accessories page lists CA-101 as the right one (for $30.00). However, the cable that came in the box has no designation so I cannot confirm the
    right cable was packaged. I bought this phone at Best Buy and there is no reference on their web site for a USB cable accessory. I do not want to order a $30 part to replace one that was mis-packaged. Does anyone have experience with these micro-USB cables
    and can confirm which is the right one and where to obtain one? Regards.

btc1---01, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Jonatino Win User
    Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged

Play Audio through HDMI cable plugged into TV

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) is a cable connection that sends both the HD audio and video signal between HD equipment. If your laptop computer has an HDMI input connection installed, it is possible to play the audio of an HD device directly
    through the laptop computer's speakers. Doing so doesn't require any additional equipment, except for an HDMI cable.

Plug the HDMI cable into the "Out" port on the device you want to send the audio signal from (such as an HD audio receiver or even a high definition television set).

Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI connection port on the laptop computer.

Double-click the audio icon in the lower right corner of the laptop. Make sure nothing is checked off under the "Mute" option.

Play the audio from the original source device and the HD audio will play through the laptop computer system.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged

1. Laptop freezes until USB or audio cable is plugged - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes until

2. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  3. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in: Hi allA bit of a strange question here but my file explorer starts slowing down and lagging when I plug my ethernet cable into my laptop. I am currently running Windows 10, however I only started seeing this problem after running the BIOS update about 2 weeks ago on my HP...
  4. Laptop slows down after plugging ethernet cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "System thread exception not handled" after plugging in usb cable

"System thread exception not handled" after plugging in usb cable: I recently bought a USB K+DCAN cable which is used to diagnose cars via. your PC. I was installing the correct drivers to make the cable able to communicate with the PC and the car. Suddenly out of nowhere, I bluescreen, and this happens each and every time I plug my USB...
  6. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  7. Audio input says cable not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input says cable not plugged in.: I have 2 side by side Dell 9020 SFF computers with i7 4770 and 16 GB memory. Both have SSD drives. Both have WIN 10 Pro. I have a 12" M-M 3.5mm stereo cable from the output of one 9020 to the input of the other using the rear jacks. I keep getting cable not plugged in...
  8. I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop

I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop: Split from this thread. No I do not have to sign in to my email each time and I am going through web browser. However, since the update of edge, I have not been able to use my printer wirelessly I am having to plug USB cable from my printer into my laptop. I forgot to...
  9. USB audio input freezes

USB audio input freezes: I have a USB turntable that used to work just fine. Now, when try to record or just listen to with the audio device set to 2-channel 16-bit 44.1kHz or higher sampling rate, the audio will freeze after a bit. I'm not using any application software at all. I just open the...
  10. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB reception freeze the laptop