Windows 10: Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

Discus and support Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian Velasco, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA.

:)

Brian Velasco, Feb 28, 2021

2. Laptop freezes when connected to AC

I have tried alot to fix the laptop and gave up pretty much. however, I was bored and decided to mess with it just for funs. to my surprise and through testing numerous times, i found something interesting yet strange.

whenever the AC charger is plugged into the laptop (with or without the battery in the laptop), the laptop has a chance to freeze randomly (sometimes within a few minutes sometimes a bit longer, doesn't matter if its idle or not).

But...if the laptop is just running off the battery with no AC charger, it does not freeze (I have tried this 10+ times)

I thought the charger had some problems but my dad checked it and found that the charger was working fine.

Now the question is, why is having the charger plugged causing freezing???

Darkgundam111, Feb 28, 2021
  3. ozan0053 Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

Dropped laptop charger; could it be broken?

Have you tried plugging it into the mains (not the PC, just into the wall socket)? My Dell charger has a blue LED in the plug for the PC. If your does and it lights up, then it would seem safe to try it in the PC.

Was it plugged into the PC when you dropped it? The most common 'damage' on a Dell charger seems to be when the plug for the PC get's pulled out of the laptop violently. The centre pin is not for power, it caries an ID signal that the laptop uses to identify the charger. If this wire gets broken inside the plug the laptop can no longer recognise the charger and determine its power output. If that is the case the charger will still power the laptop, but won't charge the battery.

Thema:

Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

1. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in. - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes charger

2. My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in .: My laptop is lagging when charger is not plugged in . I have recently changed my battery. This lagging is happening after that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-lagging-when-charger-is-not-plugged/908bf37d-17e0-4ae4-a01e-476a40ec3f68
  3. Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in: My laptop Hp ProBook 6470b runs good with battery but when i plug in charger it becomes very laggy.Also sometimes even after hours the charger is plugged in but battery does not charges.I have reset the bios and changed the processor state in power options but nothing worked...
  4. Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in

Laptop lags a lot when charger plugged in: My laptop Hp ProBook 6470b runs good with battery but when i plug in charger it becomes very laggy.Also sometimes even after hours the charger is plugged in but battery does not charges.I have reset the bios and changed the processor state in power options but nothing worked...
  5. Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.

Black Screen when Laptop charger is plugged in.: I have an Asus TUF A15One day i'm reseting my Laptop using method reset PC I'm using Windows 11, after that when i want some game, and pluged in my laptop, suddenly my laptop goes black screen, not 100% black just cover 80% off the screen and the rest of it still working....
  6. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  7. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  8. Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lag when charger is not plugged in: Hello, I've been having issues with my laptop. Whenever I'm doing something like playing a videogame or watching videos, and I unplug my laptop charger while doing it, it begins to lag heavily. I've tried going into power options and changing my Intel Graphic settings, but...
  9. BSOD error when laptop is plugged with charger

BSOD error when laptop is plugged with charger: My laptop is working fine when I am not using my charger but gives BSOD error when I use the charger . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-when-laptop-is-plugged-with-charger/9e21a226-a551-469c-a743-45440f2ffc19
  10. Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in: Hello. I am facing a problem with Asus X541NA laptop Windows 10. I don't know whether it is ASUS or Windows 10 but, as soon as I plug the charger in after a while the laptop will freeze completely and I am not able to do anything apart from making a force shutdown from the...