Windows 10: Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home

Discus and support Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A new Lenovo laptop (Windows 10 PRO 64-bit/64Bit) has been working perfectly fine for 2 weeks before I installed the Microsoft Office Home. After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rinabö, Feb 20, 2019.

1. rinabö Win User

Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home

A new Lenovo laptop (Windows 10 PRO 64-bit/64Bit) has been working perfectly fine for 2 weeks before I installed the Microsoft Office Home. After that laptop freezed in the middle of something and made buzzing noises. What kept on happening next was a system restart after app. 10 minutes of inactivity.

I unistalled Microsoft Office Home. Starting from this point laptop eather just freezes or freezes and makes buzzing noises after few minutes of inactivity.

"sfc /SCANNOW" and anti-virus check (McAfee Total Protection) did't show any results. Laptop doesn't freeze in the safe mode. When starting normaly (not over reset after the freezing case) Num Lock button is on and Microsoft Edge pops up.

Please help, I don't want to reinstall an operating system!! Thanks!

:)

rinabö, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows freezes when left idle

Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709

DanelDaveBarbuco, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home

Windows 10 freezes after ~5 minutes of inactivity/idle

Hi,

Hoping for some assistance on this, for what appears to be a somewhat common problem.

My issue is extremely similar to
    this issue
    . I would in fact say it is virtually identical.

In summary..

• After ~5 minutes of inactivity, Windows 10 completely freezes
    • It absolutely hangs - it does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input. The
      only thing it responds to is a hard power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
    • It doesn't matter whether music/video is playing - it will freeze provided there is
      5 minutes of inactivity
    • If music is playing, the audio will also freeze.
    • This means provided the computer receives constant input (whether mouse or keyboard), I can use it for almost an indefinite period of time
    • I suspect it is related to a Windows Update/driver
    • There are a small number of other situations which trigger a freeze - appears to be related to installation of software and/or Windows Update
      • Example is after installing VirtualBox, computer will freeze upon opening
      • Whilst attempting to install a Samsung Android driver, it froze in the middle of installation
    As a side issue, I am also unable to shut down, restart or hibernate my computer. Shutting down/restarting/hibernating will result in the screen turning off, but unless I actually hard power off the computer by holding onto the power button, the power light
    will show as on and you can hear the fan constantly running until it is forced off by a hard power off. I believe this is also related to a Windows Update/driver, because it did work previously. Maybe this should have its own separate question post, seeing
    as it is probably a separate issue.

Hardware/Software Summary:

• Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E14 ES1-411-C1WD (purchased ~July 2015)
    • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz

Let me know if any other information is required that may be of assistance.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

illumination10, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home

1. Laptop freezes when left idle for 5 minutes after installing Microsoft Office Home - Similar Threads - Laptop freezes left

2. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  4. Computer restarts when left idle/untouched for 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when left idle/untouched for 5 minutes: Yesterday, my computer restarted itself when I left it idle to eat dinner. It happened again when I took a shower. Today, it's happened around 4 times. When I try to put my computer to sleep, it does the same thing and restarts itself. My power & sleep settings are set to...
  5. Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes: Hi all, my Windows 10 PC has been freezing (and requiring a hard restart) if I leave it idle for just a few minutes. The amount of time is inconsistent but its usually around 30 minutes. The PC has never ever had this issue before, and it's only started occurring ever since...
  6. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  7. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle: My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection,...
  8. Windows freezes when left idle

Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...
  9. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period: I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg And some previous dumps. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A It is a brand...
  10. Windows hard freezing when left idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hard freezing when left idle.: Edit: Fixed. Turns out it was a bad/corrupted file in one of my games that was freezing the defrag process. It was slipping past the scans and the game in question was running perfectly fine. There's a more detailed explanation on page 3 of the thread. What the title says....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop freezes if idle for 5 minutes