Windows 10: Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help

Discus and support Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided to sell my gaming laptop and wanted to do a Factory reset. After doing this and reinstalling windows I can't use my keyboard without my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAMMBBO, Dec 1, 2019.

1. RAMMBBO Win User

Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help

I decided to sell my gaming laptop and wanted to do a Factory reset. After doing this and reinstalling windows I can't use my keyboard without my computer freezing up.

What happens... I can use my keyboard to put in my password/pin and it logs into windows. After I'm in windows if I hit any key on my keyboard my computer will freeze up completely. My keyboard works fine in safe mode though. I have made sure I am up to date on the latest windows update, and I have tried updating the keyboard driver and it says its up to date. I tried uninstalling it and restarting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RAMMBBO, Dec 1, 2019

2. Asus Laptop Freezes Factory Reset

So I'm trying to Factory Reset my Asus laptop and while it prepares for a total reset it freezes and I've tried restarting the laptop and trying again but it freezes this is on Windows 10

GabeRichardson, Dec 1, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help

Laptop freezes during (Factory) reset

Hi Meda,

I realize that you are facing issues performing factory reset. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Few more details would help us to provide a better response.

1. What is the make and model of the Laptop?

2. Were you facing any issues with Windows 10?

3. Are you using the CD's that came with the laptop to perform factory reset?

4. What do you mean by cant use the computer at all, are you able to get to the desktop screen/login screen?

5. Do you receive any error message or code?

Unplug all external devices like flash drive, SD cards printer and scanner etc., connected to the laptop and check if the

the factory reset completes.

Reference: Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

You may try the given suggestion and get back with the information.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help

1. Laptop freezing after Factory reset. Please help - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing Factory

2. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset goes wrong? Please help: Hello all! I decided to full factory reset my PC today and it didn't end as planned. I saved a few personal files, but ultimately wanted a clean slate. When I log into my username which is still there for some reason it tells me the user isn't found. I tried to troubleshoot...
  3. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset goes wrong? Please help: Hello all! I decided to full factory reset my PC today and it didn't end as planned. I saved a few personal files, but ultimately wanted a clean slate. When I log into my username which is still there for some reason it tells me the user isn't found. I tried to troubleshoot...
  4. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  6. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  7. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot complete a factory reset on my laptop. Please help?: I was trying to perform a factory reset on my hp laptop, and everything was initially going well. I selected "remove everything", "just remove my files" and clicked reset to initiate the reset and went to get some coffee. I came back 2 minutes later to find my sign in screen...
  9. Laptop running really slow after factory reset help please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop running really slow after factory reset help please: Hey, i recently factory reset my laptop it is a dell inspiron 5537 i reset it thinking it would become faster than before but i was wrong every single thing has become way slower it takes forever to load chrome and games, before this factory reset i used to play minecraft at...
  10. Asus x205t laptop constantly freezes after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus x205t laptop constantly freezes after factory reset: I have an asus x205t laptop. I was having difficulty removing an antivirus program that was starting to act in a somewhat...sketchy manner. I tried to perform a factory reset, remove all the non essential programs. During the process of doing said reset, it requested a...