Windows 10: Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

Discus and support Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop, pretty low end but It still satisfied me, but one day I wake up and laptop freezes every 30 seconds for 1-2 minutes. It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rybo, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Rybo Win User

Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

I have a dell laptop, pretty low end but It still satisfied me, but one day I wake up and laptop freezes every 30 seconds for 1-2 minutes. It was unusable so I did a reset. Thought it would fix it but no. Then I hard wiped everything, still it got even intense. Btw it was running pretty smooth before. I didn't download anything sketchy, even if it is a virus it should be gone after resetting 2 times right? So I am confused right now, what could be an issue here? Laptop - Inspiron 1470 Notebook Computer.

:)

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

You laptop freezing and hanging could be caused by different possible scenarios. For us to address your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer? Like an update or a new programs was installed.
    • Was there a specific activity you were on when the computer freezes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

1. Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing hanging

2. PC freezing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing out of nowhere: Hello, i seek for some help. I boot my PC every evening, so i can not test it during the day. BUT! My PC always freezes one time during the evening session. The problem is, i don’t know, what causes it. It may freeze instantly when i just click mouse button, it can go well...
  3. PC freezing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing out of nowhere: Hello, i seek for some help. I boot my PC every evening, so i can not test it during the day. BUT! My PC always freezes one time during the evening session. The problem is, i don’t know, what causes it. It may freeze instantly when i just click mouse button, it can go well...
  4. blackscreen out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blackscreen out of nowhere: my laptop pops up randomly blackscreen, if i am doing a project? a blackscreen pops up. what should i do about it? should i buy a new laptop or pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blackscreen-out-of-nowhere/9bfe5b90-9afe-41fe-8afe-ae5ec711f8f1
  5. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  6. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  7. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop just restarting out of nowhere?: So recently my SSD was making noises, which was slightly concerning to begin with. Now when I use my laptop it crashes when I'm not using it and restarts so that next time i log on, nothings open (i.e.. Spotify, edge, word etc.). I did get BSOD one time but it hasn't come up...
  9. My Asus laptop is indefinitely freezing out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Asus laptop is indefinitely freezing out of nowhere: This randomly started happening today. It doesn’t even just freeze for a few seconds or minutes, it just...stops. I can’t even get it up long enough to install malwarebytes or anything. I don’t know how I would even have malware tbh. The only thing I can do is force shut it...
  10. My laptop freezes and hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freezes and hangs: I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even blue-screened a few times. Dell kept working on it for 6 months - used about 30 hours of my time - they couldn't fix it and wouldn't...