Windows 10: Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

Discus and support Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Plushieluver101, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me?

I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever it wanted to, freezing whenever, couldn't handle more than a few apps open at one time, causing webpages to buffer, music to jutter and things to be laggy and end up falling unresponsive. My laptop was sent to be cleaned out, a few months ago, despite being new but that didn't solve anything. After one day, it went really laggy again and here we are with it being how it was before this was even taken to be 'cleaned', so something must be going wrong. I had CPU and Memory very high then, too, so... what? Help...

When I first installed Windows 10, it seemed a li'l better but after a few days, back to square one again... It lags and it goes unresponsive and it can't handle doing stuff that a laptop should be able to do. I'm not running fancy games on it, nothing. Just Skype, Clementine, which is a music player, Opera and maybe a word-like program to write stories with and Audacity. Sometimes it's just Skype, but that'll be enough for it to fall...

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong? I've put all my computer details in, so you can find them in the drop-down tab, I think, if it worked. Here's a screen-shot of the issues, too.
    Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High [​IMG]

:)

Plushieluver101, Aug 12, 2015
  2. MSuser89 Win User

very high cpu and memory usage when playing games

very high cpu and memory usage when playing games. I have recently change mobo and cpu.

MSuser89, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Can I end my system and compressed memory NT Kernel & System

this task is high CPU usage .. and high memory usage

sengaloun sounthaly, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

1. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezing CPU

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  4. Ram and CPU usage is very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  5. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  6. Very high dwm memory usage

Very high dwm memory usage: How do I fix this problem of DWM getting high usage of RAM whenever I leave my laptop hanging for awhile.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-high-dwm-memory-usage/cea2b371-9373-4183-9a95-f09a4072e800
  7. High CPU usage & Memory leak

High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  8. Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high

Vmmem CPU and memory usage are very high: Hi. My laptop is a Dell i7 with 16M running on Windows is 10 Home Edition uptodated, which is constantly overwhelmed by this one process vmmem, which consumes, on a regular basis, 6-7MB of RAM, but it escalates up to 12MB and I just can't tell why. This issue started very...
  9. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  10. Very high memory usage by "system"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high memory usage by "system": Hi all. Im having an issue with my "System" Screenshot by Lightshot This is after 30-60min of having the computer running. Late last night it was at almost 6GB!! wtf is going on? i had Killer Networking - Home those drivers for me e2200 network card, but installed...