Windows 10: Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so

Discus and support Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I may sound quite dumb for asking a question such as this, but my laptop has been freezing or hanging for the past week for more than 10 minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johanna Ruth, May 22, 2019.

1. Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so

Hi, I may sound quite dumb for asking a question such as this, but my laptop has been freezing or hanging for the past week for more than 10 minutes, and I have no choice but to hard reboot. It doesn't show black screen, which I think I may be thankful for. I know that rebooting won't really cause significant damage, but it has been worrying me. I'm not even sure of what even is the cause as my laptop has no viruses or damage whatsoever.

Whenever I would start my laptop, it would more than three minutes just to show the log-in page as well. It usually freezes whenever I open Google Chrome or that I would plug-in my charger. If it helps, my laptop barely has downloaded applications. My laptop is also up-to-date. I am running on 4GB RAM, 1TB storage, 8th Gen i5 Intel processor. I honestly do not have an idea, and I would be glad if there could be some tips out there.

Should I just tweak some parts of my settings or do I have to seek help? What do I exactly have to do?

Thanks!

:)

Johanna Ruth, May 22, 2019

2. pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, May 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, May 22, 2019
  4. Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so

Borderlands freezes and thaws

I'm positive the steps I took above fixed it. I went through 10 rounds in the underdome (well over an hour of gameplay) without a single freeze. Previously, I couldn't play 15 minutes without at least one freeze.

FordGT90Concept, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so

1. Laptop freezing/hanging for 10 minutes or so - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing hanging

2. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  3. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezing/hanging: my laptop is freezing/hanging suddenly. My guess is that maybe I watch streaming website example is YouTube or anime streaming website and it will crash or MAYBE its because of my earphones?...
  4. Laptop freezing/hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Once per minute laptop hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Once per minute laptop hangs: Once per minute when system clock second counter is at :00 explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and the computer hangs. The length of time it hangs increases with the length of time the computer is in use. Using graphics programs increases the hang time faster....
  6. Once per minute laptop hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Once per minute laptop hangs: Once per minute when system clock second counter is at :00 explorer.exe shows a spike in cpu utilization and the computer hangs. The length of time it hangs increases with the length of time the computer is in use. Using graphics programs increases the hang time faster....
  7. Once per minute laptop hangs

8. Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update

Laptop hangs after 10-15 minutes after update: Idk which update it was but after a recent update my laptop has become unusable. It used to run completely fine before the update. After this update, my laptop opens completely silently up until the desktop shows up. After a few minutes in desktop, it makes fan noise delated...
  9. Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezing and hanging out of nowhere: I have a dell laptop, pretty low end but It still satisfied me, but one day I wake up and laptop freezes every 30 seconds for 1-2 minutes. It was unusable so I did a reset. Thought it would fix it but no. Then I hard wiped everything, still it got even intense. Btw it was...
  10. My laptop freezes and hangs

My laptop freezes and hangs: I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even blue-screened a few times. Dell kept working on it for 6 months - used about 30 hours of my time - they couldn't fix it and wouldn't...