Windows 10: Laptop freezing needing restart

Discus and support Laptop freezing needing restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It just gets totally frozen and need to restart, happening now and then randomly, usually when I have many things open. I have a M.2 SSD with 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kmint, Mar 29, 2021.

1. kmint Win User

Laptop freezing needing restart

It just gets totally frozen and need to restart, happening now and then randomly, usually when I have many things open.

I have a M.2 SSD with 100% optimal performance but 39% Health as says the Hard Disk Sentinel test.

12 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 2500... quite new yet.

Any idea?

:)

kmint, Mar 29, 2021

2. Laptop freezes on restart

Laptop freezes on restart even after a clean Windows install. Began after an update a few months ago, I dont remember which. Shut down works. Fast startup is off, bios is up to date.

Any suggestions?

MR Easy Guns, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Need help with freezing/crashing

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the freezing of your computer, let me suggest you to perform a clean boot. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and search for System Configuration
    • On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services then click
      Disable all
    • Go to Startup tab then click Open Task Manager
    • In every Startup item, click Disable
    • Close the Task Manager
    • Click OK then restart your computer.
    • After restart, go back to System configuration, Enable one or two startup item then restart. Do the procedure until you find the reason why your computer freezes

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Laptop freezing needing restart

My Laptop keeps restarting

Hi Charles,

Corruption within the system files is one of the possible reason why your laptop suddenly restarts. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when the computer restarts?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Niranjan Manjhi
    in this thread.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Laptop freezing needing restart

1. Laptop freezing needing restart - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing needing

2. need to restart laptop to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to restart laptop to connect to wifi: My laptop is not able to connect to any wifi network. But it can after i restart it. All my other devices can use the wifi just fine. I tried reinstalling the driver for the wireless adapter, and updating it but it didnt help. I have an acer aspire 5 a517-51g. What can i do?...
  3. Laptop freezes on restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes on restart: Laptop freezes on restart even after a clean Windows install. Began after an update a few months ago, I dont remember which. Shut down works. Fast startup is off, bios is up to date. Any suggestions?...
  4. Used laptop randomly freezes / randomly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Used laptop randomly freezes / randomly restarts: I picked up an open box return from best buy for a pretty good price however randomly the laptop will completely freeze or just restart. I have tried to see if there is a patter but I cant seem to find one I have had days where every time I start doing work it freezes after...
  5. laptop freezing and restarting after win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop freezing and restarting after win10 update: Hi,my granddaughter called me and said she updated the win 10 update but now her laptop keeps freezing and restarting ,Its a Acer aspire e15 . Any help please 125230
  6. Restart Freezes

Restart Freezes: 2 days since WIN10H restart began to freeze. Spinning icon spins for few seconds then freezes and with it screen, mouse, keyboard, CTRL+ALT+DELETE all freeze and have to remove PC power in order to restart computer. Appreciate any help. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 constantly freezes needing restart.

Windows 10 constantly freezes needing restart.: Current Specifications: Windows 10.0 build 17134 AMD FX 8350 8-core processor 8GB RAM AMD Raedon R9 200 Series 2GB RAM As of lately I've been noticing problems with my windows 10. Either my computer is infected or the past few updates have been slowing down my computer....
  8. PC freezes need to forze it to restart

PC freezes need to forze it to restart: my pc keeps freezing after windows 10 i tryed reseting the pc and later install windows again and it keeps freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/pc-freezes-need-to-forze-it-to-restart/4c27a059-058d-4972-97a5-b79f90f2868b
  9. Freezes on restart

Freezes on restart: Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown, This returns even after clean install of Windows 10 suggestions or recommendations *Sick 32166
  10. Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Computer Freezing - Need to hard restart after freezing No BSOD: Hello, I'm going to post two different scenarios that happens when my computer needs a hard restart My computer freezes completely (literally no movement on the screen or anything, it's not slow it's frozen). And an extremely loud buzzing sound comes out of my...