Windows 10: Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

Discus and support Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been an on/off issue with my laptop. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15in, the i7 with GTX1050 variant. The OS is Windows 10. It runs perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickRamirez2, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

This has been an on/off issue with my laptop. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15in, the i7 with GTX1050 variant. The OS is Windows 10. It runs perfectly well almost all the time, but there are those random, occasional moments when it just freezes before going black screen with a visible cursor. I've tried Crtl+Alt+Del, but all I get is the blue circling cursor. It disappears after manually restarting, but that doesn't prevent it from happening. Any idea on what to do to prevent it, or do I have to reset the laptop?

:)

PatrickRamirez2, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Kusimeka Win User

Laptop Black Screening!

Event Viewer? Do you mean Task Manager? If so nope it won't let me do anything at all, everything cuts off but there is still power to the machine. There's no cursor, before it black screens it usually just like freezes, and then the cursor will like, really really lag and warp across the screen (cause im moving it) and then it will black screen and i have to turn off the laptop.

*Cry :cry:

Edit: Nevermind, i found the Event Viewer, it shows a critical error occured but thats just where it had to forcefully restart, it doesn't really say what happened unless im looking in the wrong place ;S

Kusimeka, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor [​IMG]

Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

1. Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing black

2. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freeze and then black screen: I was using my laptop latitude 7280 right now and suddenly the screen froze and made a weird sound on my headset. I restarted my laptop but it is showings completely black screen. I restarted many times even with charger but nothing worked. I am not even able to enter safe...
  3. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freeze and then black screen: I was using my laptop latitude 7280 right now and suddenly the screen froze and made a weird sound on my headset. I restarted my laptop but it is showings completely black screen. I restarted many times even with charger but nothing worked. I am not even able to enter safe...
  4. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Laptop giving random BSOD errors and screen freezes black or with cursor sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop giving random BSOD errors and screen freezes black or with cursor sometimes...: Hi, Sorry for my long message in advanceI'm using ASUS TUF GAMING A 17 laptop specs are below.R7 4800H16GB RAMRTX 3050 512GB SSDIt use to be fine when I was using this in Win 10 I mean I use to get some BSOD errors once a month or 2. but after installing Win 11 which I was...
  6. Laptop giving random BSOD errors and screen freezes black or with cursor sometimes...

Laptop giving random BSOD errors and screen freezes black or with cursor sometimes...: Hi, Sorry for my long message in advanceI'm using ASUS TUF GAMING A 17 laptop specs are below.R7 4800H16GB RAMRTX 3050 512GB SSDIt use to be fine when I was using this in Win 10 I mean I use to get some BSOD errors once a month or 2. but after installing Win 11 which I was...
  7. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  8. computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor

computer constantly freezes, now black screen with cursor: Yes I have forcibly shut it down. Yes I unplugged the entire computer. I only get the loading screen before the actual account loads, and now it’s a black screen with a cursor. I’ve been at this for four hours. I even unplugged it for a full hour before trying again. Like at...
  9. Black Screen with Cursor and Download Folder freezing

Black Screen with Cursor and Download Folder freezing: Today while working on the computer I encountered an issue while downloading files from the internet and grabbing them from the download folder! This happened 3 times where I received a black screen and the only the cursor was visible. When opening the Download Folder the...
  10. Laptop Screen Black With Cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Black With Cursor: So as I was sitting around watching YouTube, I decided to switch to a different video and as I clicked into fullscreen the screen went black. I clicked and as I did this a popped up. I didn't have time to read it because as soon as it came up it was gone. I turned the...