Windows 10: Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

Discus and support Laptop freezing when idle - while charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HayleyLouise2, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

I have had an Acer Aspire ES1 - 533 specs: processor - intel pentium R; CPU N4200 @ 1.10ghz RAM - 8.00GB Windows 10 OS 64bit Graphics type - Intel HD 4000 Hard disc space - 1TB since June 2017

I've recently ran into a problem when charging the laptop, it seems to freeze/lock up completely after being idle for 2 minutes, requiring a force shut down using the power button. When the laptop isn't charging however, running on the battery, everything seems to work perfectly fine, and it can be left idle all day long without freezing.

I have scanned the system for corrupted files, which turned up with no problems, and I've ran a disc check which also turned up with no issues, and I've also done a system restore, which seemed to have fixed the problem, but it returned again after a few days and it's back to locking up after being idle for 2 minutes while charging.

Does anybody know what the problem could be? Is it hardware or software related?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

HayleyLouise2, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows freezes when left idle

Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709

DanelDaveBarbuco, Feb 11, 2019
  3. PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING WINDOWS 10, ASUS LAPTOP

• hi sir/ ladies,

Recently my laptop stopped charging when the battery meter reach 74% (before it was 94% then it become 84% next is 81% and finally 74%), can anyone tell me how to fix it. i try different solution in internet such as STEP 1: device manager STEP 2: Battery STEP
      3: Uninstall 2nd option in battery STEP 4: Scan for hardware changes and so on BUT it also didn't fix the battery issues in my laptop.

thank you, sorry for my bad english.

P

microsoftineedhelp0911, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

Windows 10 laptop freezes completely when charging

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know few things to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Is your devices installed with any software, that Controls Power settings?
    • Did you check using different charging connector?
    • Will this happen, while working with any particular application?
    • Did you check leaving the device for some time, when it freezes?

Give us more details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Laptop freezing when idle - while charging

1. Laptop freezing when idle - while charging - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing idle

2. Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle: I've been having issues where when plugged in and left untouched, after about 8 minutes, the computer hard freezes and restarts itself after around 10 minutes after freezing. This is really frustrating as I've taken breaks from working only to return to my laptop restarted....
  3. Computer screen freezes when it is idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer screen freezes when it is idle: I use Windows 10 Home, v. 1809. I bought a SSD and then installed Windows on it. When my laptop is idle, the screen freezes for a second. This is a real problem when I’m playing because FPS drops and ruins the game....
  4. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  5. Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when I am playing while it is charging: Hello, I'm having a big issue, whenever I plug my laptop I can't play any game. The laptop is brand new (MSI GF63 8RC / W10 / GTX 1050/1tb/8gb ram). I tried everything, I reinstalled windows, I talked with people from MSI and no one can help me. I already sent the laptop...
  6. Windows freezes when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...
  7. My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.: My PC freezes when it is idle or when i play games, i cant move my mouse , i cant do anything. i have to force restart it. I've tried many method but none of then worked. 114720
  8. Laptop not charging when connected to UPS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not charging when connected to UPS?: Hi Guys! I need a small help with my Lenovo laptop. There are no performance issues, but only some kind of battery issue I guess. Whenever I connect my laptop to my office power supply, which is connected to a UPS system by Staticon, it is not getting charged. The issues is...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing/Locking up Laptop when idle.: When I have my webcam security software running all day (12-hours), the laptop runs fine. But when I shut the software down and then leave the laptop idle, it locks up. It also happens when I start the laptop up and just leave it sit idle. So far, there's no specific...
  10. 1013X PC freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    1013X PC freezes when idle: See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME drivers installed. (They don't officially support Win 10, I believe.) Under 10130 X64, the PC would freeze at random times....